Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i get a dark tint and it is legal in my state, when i take my car to another state and it is illegal to go that dark, can i get in trouble? I'm guessing no, but im not sure, can someone help me with that. also if i get tint and in say 2 years, they change the rules, do i have to remove my tint? also if i plan on going to college out of state, will i have to get rid of my tint? is it even possible to remove tint once its done? thanks in advance!

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
if you register your car in a state where your tint is illegal, yes, you will have to remove it. if you are just passing through, or visiting and still have plates from where it is legal, no.

as far as laws regarding tint - i will say it before plissken chimes in - if you do a search for it, you will find the discussion on it.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
In most cases where a state changes it's tint laws anybody who has already had their's done is grandfatehred in and does not have change their tint.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
no biting sarcasm? no death threats for not searching? may have to change your CMT over to "search function pushover."

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
at least you know when to tone it down.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Maybe California should do this to drivers of non-CA smog legal vehicles to start generating some revenue.

Marty, how hard would it be to get the tint violation thrown out if the car and driver are not Georgia residents?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.