Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my SS tC tinted 15% charcoal all around this past saturday. So it's been exactly 4 days since i had it done.

My question is this... I didn't bother cleaning the inside of my windows before goign to get my tint job.. cause I figured they would clean the window before they put the tint on to insure that its a clean surface and what not...

was i wrong to expect this? I haven't called the tint place back yet but i just wiped down the outside of my car and the windows are spotless on the outside, but when i sit inside, i still see some streaks that i knew were there before i got the tint job... so apparently they didn't clean the windows.. is this normal!?

Also, regarding imperfections, since its been 4 days i assume my tint has pretty much dried but i'm noticing some small bubbles here and there. it's more noticeable from the outside since its a contrast to the dark tint. i plan on waiting a few more days to see if they go away cause maybe my tint hasn't fully dried yet but just curious... are little bubbles here and there normal for a tint job? i've never had one done and the guy said that some spots or scratches that were on the glass will come through after the tint is done and there's nothing that can be done about it.. however these bubbles are definitely the tint.

anyways... comments are appreciated. if they don't disappear by friday i'm gonna give the guy a call and see if i can get them redone.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
No bubbles on my tint, and there should be NO scratches on the glass given how new your car is -- so my opinion is that if the imperfections remain after a couple more days, go back and demand the job be redone (or a refund).

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea.. :/ i'm kinda disappointed... i would think they'd do a better job.. guess i'll give them a call friday if they're not gone by then.. :/

·
Registered
112 Posts
Maybe it's just me but I expected my tint to look perfect. I took my car back to the shop twice to get it redone. First time was because the drivers window has a couple of tiny bubbles and the second time because I noticed a small smear mark on the hatch. Oh and they definitely should have cleaned your glass prior to putting on the tint.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Yeah... definately should have cleaned the glass for you & they need to remove the bubbles & such.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's what i figured... i'm going back there saturday no matter what now!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR >:O

oh btw... how are they on honoring the lifetime warranty ??? do the try to get out of it? i hope this guy doesn't... i got tiny little bubbles in the middle of the glass! that is definitely not good.. ..

also.. should i have gotten something other than a receipt for my warranty? its a manufacturer warranty but on the receipt it never says that its a SunTek brand.. hell i dont even know for sure if its a SunTek brand... that's what the guy said it was but the receipt never says it.. so if i ever go to another place and say.. yea this is SunTek tint film and i want it redone under my warranty... are they gonna say "Sure! let's get that done for ya.." or are they gonna laugh in my face?

jus wonderin if i should have gotten an official manufacturer warranty card/certificate...

oh yea funkyfresh.. i still got those keychains if u want one... pm or email me your address if u want it and i'll mail one to ya.. or drive up to DC area

·
Registered
427 Posts
I had my windows done last Saturday and it looks great. The back window is completely clear and the sides look great as well. However, in my experience, it can take as much as a week to dry out on even the hottest days of Summer. My guess is that yours isn't dried out yet.

That said, they should have cleaned the ever lovin' crap outta the windows. Its not unusual for them to use razorblades on the sides and a small scrubbing pad on the back window as part of the process. These guys are generally miracle workers when it comes to cleaning windows.

When I got mine done, I did receive a warranty card with all of the information regarding the tint used and the date. Maybe this is a Llumar thing? With a receipt, they should have an idea of what they installed on the car. Good Luck!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea ... my windows are definitely not clean. i can tell cause i can see the dirty streaks i left when i "cleaned" them before in the light. so i'm gonna go back and have them redo it and make sure they clean my windows!!!..

i also have little tiny bubbles here and there and some larger ones near the bottom of the windows along the black trim guard thinger... may be its cause it's not dry yet, but regardless i want clean windows!!

as far as the warranty card.. i did not get one.. all i got was a receipt with a stamp "LIFETIME WARRANTY" on it and their shop name on the top... so i'm gonna have to ask them about that this saturday...

thanks for the info guys...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.