Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious what's happened to everyones tC's here. We all know that $hit happens. I was wondering what you've all gone through!

I'll start first..

To Date:
- 12" key mark on drivers side door (only noticable to me, it's very light).
- (1) Scuffed to hell 18" wheel. Tip: Don't do 110+ around exit ramps...

- Rear-Bumper bottom left damage, thanks to.. a bush.

·
Registered
444 Posts
one nice dent in my drivers side fender (fixed)...nice scratch on my lip spoiler (not fixed)...broken passenger mirror turn signal (fixed)...nice scuff on my rear right rim (not fixed)...and a few paint chips on the front (touch up paint fix)...no tickets in the tC yet...but had 4 in my truck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
scratched fromthe passengers door all the way to the back wheel and a big dent on top of the wheel. Cost about 3,200 to fix lol which i thought was total bull. How can it cost 19% of the cars price just to fix that?!??!?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Someone scratched decided to scrape my bumper in the parking lot at the mall took the paint off!!! (fixed $200 later) 2inch Scratch on passenger foor (fixed) scratches on hood from where i accidently hit the wall (fixed) Now i have a dent in the passenger rear panel (not fixed) and just yesterday have a nice BB sixed dent from someone door on my passenger door (not fixed)

I am soo pissed because it looks like they tried to rub it off because my car was dirty and that spot was clean HA! stupid people!

·
Registered
45 Posts
mmmm I have a cracked front bumper on the lower part of it. Also have a very light scratch on the passenger rear panel. I'm gonna get that buffed out or do touchup paint on it. That front bumper is killing me man

·
Registered
312 Posts
*one long key scratch on the passenger side
*multiple little scratches above right tire.. my neighbor's daughter!
*broken drivers seat
*loose fog lights.. had the clips replaced
*peeling rear weather strip
*peeling top weather strip between front window and sunroof
*dealer glued weather strip to sunroof while trying to fix

*my hatch rattles (currently at the dealer)
*my A/C does not work right.. i'm always hot!
*my sunroof pops sometimes

I think thats about it

·
Registered
241 Posts
-Dent on edge of pass side door, fixed
-Dent in passenger side door, fixed
-Bubble in dash, fixed
-Scratches on lower left front lip(thanks to the dealer), buffed out
-Unnoticable scratches on bottom side of front lip(there when I bought the car), not fixed
-Hatch rattle, not fixed(still waiting on 1 of 2 hatch struts)
-sunroof rattle, not fixed(dealer "can't hear it")
-a few scuffs on a couple rims, not fixed(again there when I bought the car....don't buy a car at night)
-squeaky clutch pedal, incorrect diagnosis(turns out the clutch is quiet as a mouse, it was actually the plastic of my seat belt connector rubbing against the center console plastic causing a squeak whenever I shifted my weight while clutching)
-1 ticket, paid(34 in a 25)

·
Registered
187 Posts
^^that's a lot.

as for my tC:
-small scratches on my rear bumper
-scuffed right-side rims from parallel parking the first week
-small dent on top of the rear right-side tire and paint scrape from another car's bumper

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Ahh... Seeing other people's damage reports makes me feel less bad. heh.

- Scratched rim on right front wheel (parallel parking)
- Half inch hole and a couple small scratches on left side of rear bumper (backed into another car when trying to turn around)
- A couple of small scratches on by the passenger door (I think from the girlfriend's purse/backpack when she gets out)
- Chocolate on the right back seat (girlfriend's 3 year old sister didn't tell us she was eating M&Ms and that she dropped several beneath her car seat)

I think the chocolate will come out with a damp rag. Most of it came out when I just vacuumed the seat. The middle part of the seat cleaned up just fine, but the side part that kind of angles up has a different fabric... so we'll see.

I also think the scratches by the passenger door might not really be scratches and might be able to be rubbed off... hopefully.

On a side note, I had a dream last night that I walked outside to find that my car had been stripped for parts and was laying on its side. I started crying in the dream and then woke up in a cold sweat. I was relieved to find my car in one piece this morning. heh.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not too bad for me...

Bottom side of the front bumper ground effect thing is totally scratched to $%&! through the paint (pulling into a steep driveway with a large pothole at the approach)

Lots o' small scratches on the rear bumper from dragging bags, etc. out of my trunk...

3 cigarette burns on the driver's A pillar (interior) and 1 on the passenger side (come on seriously who makes fabric lined A pillars)

1 cigarette burn about 1/2 inch in front of the sunroof opening (got sick of burning A pillar so I started flicking out the roof... oops)

Thats about it.

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
Damage to front bumper from being backed into by a truck w/ a tow hitch. Damage to rear passenger side (rear-bumper portion) and scrape to the wheel from being hit (and the bastard driving off) when parked in Atlanta. Other than that... a few rock chips here and there.

Oh, almost forgot... the left sideskirt has a huge curb-scratch on it from me having to avoid an accident the other day (drunk college student running a red light).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dent on drivers rear quarter panel Fixed by dealer
Ding on passenger rear quarter panel Fixed
Very small ding on passenger door Not fixed to hard to see
Minor chip on front clip from flying rock Not fixed yet hard to see

·
Registered
312 Posts
Originally posted by djhax@Oct 3 2005, 07:01 AM
-Hatch rattle, not fixed(still waiting on 1 of 2 hatch struts)
-sunroof rattle, not fixed(dealer "can't hear it")
Don't you just love the service dept.. if they can't hear it.. it isn't a problem and you're just crazy. I've had to deal with so much bs at my dealer that i'm only talking to the service manager and a guy from scion calls me every week or so to check up on my poor tC.

Any news on the sunroof rattle? Mine pops on/off and I was told that it most likely has to do with my issues with the hatch rattle.. i really doubt that but whatever.

No fix for my hatch rattle either... I was told that they tried foam but that didnt fix it and then they tightened some screws so its getting put back together and i'll hear from them tomorrow.. doubt the rattle is gone.

My A/C is still a "mystery" to them..

I shouldn't complain though.. the GREAT dealership has given me a awsome COROLLA to drive.. wtf.. thank YOU Toyota!!! Keep my car for a week more so i can enjoy the COROLLA!

·
Registered
8 Posts
-Sunroof pop issue. Six trips to the dealer with no fix. I fixed with a 3 dollar can of lithium grease added to the cotterpins holding up the windflap.

-Had the front bumper repainted for pulling too close to a curb $350.

-Had right side door repainted for scratches incurred at the dealer during sunroof fix. $0.

-Had mysterious scratches show up in the paint next to the sunroof. Should be able to buff out.

-Ran a redlight and blasted another car at 30mph. Was able to drive away, but need new bumper, grill, hood, front fenders, headlights, and god knows what else under the hood. Looks like $6000 so far on the estimate, but I'll walk away with about $800 out of pocket after deductible and fine. I was amazed that the car was able to absorb such a hard hit without damaging the engine or me.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,530 Posts
2 Tickets, Broken Windshiels (fixed), Dent on right rear panel (fixed), Scuff on the hatch where the scion symbol (not fixed), 1 curbed rim (replaced), 1 gauged rim (no replaced), 1 scuffed rim because of accident (not replaced), left head light broken (not replaced), front bumper messed um from accident (not fixked), left fender dented to hell (not fixed), drivers door scuffed and dented (not fixed). Most of that stuff will be fixed by insurance of the guy who hit me because he addmited that it was all his fault. But it still sucks ass.

·
Registered
567 Posts
2 small rock chips on hood.
Lower right hand side of the drivers seat scuffed from the belt I always wear catching on the fabric.
One scratch below the right taillight that I have to buff out, cant see if if i wax it up well.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.