Scion tC Forums banner

Ticket after Ticket

5K views 70 replies 22 participants last post by  lo bux racer 
#1 ·
I know this is not a racing story, but i just wanted to share it you guys. Today i had to got to court for my ticket ( good ). Okay I got it back, two hours later not even, i'm driving back home after checking some subs ( P3 ) in the local store. I'm driving on one lane route with speed limit of 30 ( grrr too slow for 4th gear ) so i'm passing an interesection, didnt even look around and i just thought i'd speed up a lil and from 4th I went to 5th. The next i see is a cop behind my ass, so he drives for half a mile after me and then pulls me over and gave a ticket for 46 mph on 30 speed limit. While i was one side of th road My mom and dad just passed by me LOL. I know this is dumb, but how lucky can i be to not be able to keep my driver licence for 2 hours.

#2 ·
Smooth move, Exlax!

#3 ·
I feel your pain.. i've had bad luck too. I had a clean driving record for a whole month and i got pulled over for going 50 in a 30 then again for 90 in a 65.. then just recently for going 85 in a 65.. around the same spot as the time before. I got a letter from dmv saying that my licence could be suspended if i get more in a short period of time. Yeah its my fault but its so hard to go the limit hehe

#5 ·
teh cops love all teh stickers cuz tehy noow teh stickers=teh horsepwners!! werd!

#6 ·
I've never received a ticket but i only go 10+ over the limit on the highways and that is only where I live where I know the hiding spots as a rule. I do, however go 80 everytime i'm on the highways here so I guess I've just been lucky.

#10 ·
Yeah I fought the ticket I went there with a layer. The ticket was for speed 2 fast for teh conditions and the cop wasnt even there 2 see it, but still gave me the ticket. The ticket was from an accident where my 1st tC got totaled a week after i bought it.

BTW I have been driving for over 3 years now and i never been pulled over, no tickets or anything what's so ever, but i'll just blame it on the FAST tC this time LOL

#13 ·
Originally posted by basilisk4@Mar 2 2005, 08:24 PM
Don't get me started on people who fight tickets that they totally deserved to get.
If speeding tickets actually had something to do with public safety, I'd agree. If speeding tickets weren't used to jack up insurance rates, I'd agree. If speed limits were enforced equally instead of the current selective enforcement scheme, I'd agree. Unfortunately, speeding is selectively enforced, speed limits are based on arbitrary standards that do not relate to actual traffic conditions, and speeding tickets are a revenue stream for local governments, not a guardian of public safety. Until they fix these problems, I will fight every single ticket I get regardless of guilt or innocence.

#14 ·
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Mar 3 2005, 05:26 AM
Until they fix these problems, I will fight every single ticket I get regardless of guilt or innocence.
You can make all the excuses you want, but there are only two facts that matter to this argument:

1. You have no inherent "right" to drive on public roads.
2. If you want to drive on public roads, you have to obey the rules of the road or be prepared to suffer the consequences.

Save the argument that you do have some kind of right, constitutional or otherwise, to drive on public roads without being licensed by the state, because it's not supported by logic or law.

P.S. Until they fix the problems with the institution of the death penalty, I'm going to murder people in protest.

#15 ·
^^^ I feel as though I can safely control my car above the speed limit at most times and do. I do, however, recognize I have no right legal or otherwise to do so. With that in mind, I fully accept any ticket I may receive in the future as long as it is accurate in reflecting how I was driving in relation to how I should be driving.

#16 ·
All I ask is that cops do their job correctly and ethically, and if they don't, in any way, I'll fight a ticket. I also feel that Highway Patrol should do what their name implies and patrol rather than hide and wait, and collect on that revenue stream. Ever notice how traffic slows down when a cop is visable? So, why hide? Simple, to make money. And while on the subject, why do cops insist on needing a "brotherhood"? Can't they obey the same laws we are all supposed to follow?

#20 ·
damon, I'm waiting for the day someone asks me that in a conversation...I don't generally go around telling people that I am, and people are always surprised when they find out..

#21 ·
Don't get me wrong... If I know I'm in the wrong, I'll pay - I won't be happy about it, but if it's my own damn fault, I'll own up to it. The only time I went to court was over a speeding ticket that should have been impossible for me to get. Supposedly I went from a complete stop (someone pulling into an gas station at the intersection), up to 57 mph, and back to a complete stop (making left turn w/ on-coming traffic) w/in about 1/8th of a mile... Now, 1) I seriously doubt my Celica could do that, 2) why would I even attempt to do that? 3) how could I think of getting away w/ that w/ 2 chp cars and 4 chp motorcycles in near plain view on a semi-residential street. Just in case, I shot a roll of film, had a few copies made, brought in the specs on my car, etc., but didn't need any of it. The two citing officers didn't show and a continuance wasn't approved. It was a complete speed trap, they wouldn't show me the radar and the cop that pulled me over was a complete a$$hole & wanted to inspect my car for anything they could use, probably because they knew they didn't have a good enough reason to pull me over in the first place...

#23 ·
Yea, Eric, I can totally understand wanting to fight a ticket that is unjustified. It's the people who know they were caught breaking the law and want to complain about it that piss me off. I've gotten tickets, and sure, I'm not happy about it...but come on -- own up to it and take it like a person* rather than trying to get out of it.

* I would have said "man," but I didn't want to offend anyone.

#25 ·
I've only got one ticket but the cop was pretty nice-even joked around with me, although not nice enough to forget the ticket. I was actually going 80 in a 60 but I slowed when I saw him and he got me at 73...My mom works at DMV and she cleared the ticket with them but I still had to pay the court so it didn't really help that much.
I guess it doesn't help that I live near a training facility.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.