Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced a GT V6 Tiburon tonight and beat it by about 1 and a half cars. One of the better races that i have had. Neck and neck till my Top end comes in to factor.

And for those skeptics here is a video of the race at the end. I have the HIDs in the lane closer to the camera.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
okay since I can't view the video due to the crapyness of my computer, good job. I wish I could see it though. How did u video? di du have someone with you or just held your celly out or something? haha good job.

·
Registered
32 Posts
congrats on the kill. that sounds about right for a stock tibby. they aren't too quick stock but watch out for a decently modded one. i've see one with bolt-ons and some minor head work with over 200whp and the FI ones are really quick!!! Props on the kill tho. Is your tC stock?

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Ralliartist@Dec 31 2005, 07:35 AM
congrats on the kill. that sounds about right for a stock tibby. they aren't too quick stock but watch out for a decently modded one. i've see one with bolt-ons and some minor head work with over 200whp and the FI ones are really quick!!! Props on the kill tho. Is your tC stock?
No it isnt stock. I have CAI, Exhaust, SAFC II, and a Short Throw shifter, thats it besides some other stuff that doesnt make the car faster.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by ALaS@Dec 31 2005, 02:08 AM
okay since I can't view the video due to the crapyness of my computer, good job. I wish I could see it though. How did u video? di du have someone with you or just held your celly out or something? haha good job.
I had a friend with me at the end tapeing with my digital camera yea i know it was dark but that was the best i can do for now i wish i had night shot but i dont. only thing i can tell you is tha i have HIDs and you can tell those out in the video and i pass about a car and a half infront of the Tibby.

The Tibby is slightly modded, Intake, Exhaust.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Still I dont buy it...He just must be a sucky driver...Ive seen totally stock and non stripped Tibby GT V6's run at the track and they were running 15.5's et all day....No way a stock tC can average 15.5's stock....

Also about beating a GT V6 at its top end range, a tC will fail...Ive raced a stock GT V6 tibby on the Highway before, I gave him a thumbsup then we honked 3 times and went at it...It slowly pulls away by 100 mph...Id say he had 2/3 carlengths on me..........

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by bLAziN_ChEnGy@Jan 1 2006, 05:59 AM
Still I dont buy it...He just must be a sucky driver...Ive seen totally stock and non stripped Tibby GT V6's run at the track and they were running 15.5's et all day....No way a stock tC can average 15.5's stock....

Also about beating a GT V6 at its top end range, a tC will fail...Ive raced a stock GT V6 tibby on the Highway before, I gave him  a thumbsup then we honked 3 times and went at it...It slowly pulls away by 100 mph...Id say he had 2/3 carlengths on me..........
I'm all for being realistic, but it's well known that the Tiburon GT V6 is pretty slow stock for what it is. I have seen reports stock 0-60 times of anywhere from 7.4 to 8.2 for it, with a quarter-mile time of around 15.2-15.8. It is just NOT all that fast.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by bLAziN_ChEnGy@Jan 1 2006, 01:59 AM

Also about beating a GT V6 at its top end range, a tC will fail...Ive raced a stock GT V6 tibby on the Highway before, I gave him a thumbsup then we honked 3 times and went at it...It slowly pulls away by 100 mph...Id say he had 2/3 carlengths on me..........
wow, no one here ever beats anything ever, according to you.

does it matter why he won? i mean, does it discount the check in the win column? bad driver, good driver, who cares? isnt that what its about? i can outdrive you. thats what a race is. it isnt who has a faster car. any idiot car add HP and go down a straight track. but to have a car rated slower and win? isnt that a good thing? isnt that a testament to how well one operates their machine?

cant you just say good kill and move on?

no one asked me how we got the record at bonneville. they just high-fived us and said congrats.

virtual high five, and congrats.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jan 1 2006, 11:44 AM
isnt that a testament to how well one operates their machine?
Yes, which would lead us to the conclusion that Person A, driving the tC, beat Person B, driving the Tiburon, not that a stock tC will always beat a stock Tib GT with comparable driving. Because if we make that assumption, you'll have people posting and whining about how they lost to their friends' Tib, and that they thought they were invincible.

I've never driven a Tib, and I have no idea how fast they are, but just through the numbers, it would seem like the 200HP Tib would beat the 160HP tC...but good kill anyway.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Tibby's have 172 hp, not 200. Ive been inside of a GT man. and it doesn't feel quite at quick as my tC. And im with inevitablegod on the other one.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod+Jan 1 2006, 10:44 AM-->QUOTE (inevitablegod @ Jan 1 2006, 10:44 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-bLAziN_ChEnGy
@Jan 1 2006, 01:59 AM

Also about beating a GT V6 at its top end range, a tC will fail...Ive raced a stock GT V6 tibby on the Highway before, I gave him  a thumbsup then we honked 3 times and went at it...It slowly pulls away by 100 mph...Id say he had 2/3 carlengths on me..........
wow, no one here ever beats anything ever, according to you.

does it matter why he won? i mean, does it discount the check in the win column? bad driver, good driver, who cares? isnt that what its about? i can outdrive you. thats what a race is. it isnt who has a faster car. any idiot car add HP and go down a straight track. but to have a car rated slower and win? isnt that a good thing? isnt that a testament to how well one operates their machine?

cant you just say good kill and move on?

no one asked me how we got the record at bonneville. they just high-fived us and said congrats.

virtual high five, and congrats. [/b]
Skeeler>inevitable by 500 cars from a dig... I.G. just forgot to mention to us about it...so is it a good kill for him???...because he is a better driver???...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Chengy, you're wrong on this one, and on some of the others you've criticized recently. Continuing the theme, you are also wrong about an RSX being a Civic or a tC being a Camry.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well anything is possible. Good driver vs good driver I would give it to the tibby sorry. The video don't prove nothing just that one set of headlight is faster then another. If you did win congrats, but if it came down to putting money down mine would be on the tibby.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by bLAziN_ChEnGy@Jan 1 2006, 08:33 PM
Skeeler>inevitable by 500 cars from a dig... I.G. just forgot to mention to us about it...so is it a good kill for him???...because he is a better driver???...
we dont know who is a better driver out of the two of us. your logic there is failing, anyway. it means nothing in respect to the topic at hand. yes, i lost to skeeler. yes, he pulled on me, and i would hope a competent driver would have in that situation. his WRX has more HP, and is geared a bit better than the tC. car to car, his is faster.
the reality of the situation is this - if i had beat him because i was a far superior driver, and had posted that i won, am i saying that my car is faster, or that i out-drove him, because his car should have won?
it was a good kill for him. because he won. regardless of how or why.
man, you are as ignorant as the way you type suggests.

as for the GT V6 tib goes, they arent fast at all. and they drive like ass. a good friend of mine has one, i have driven it, and i am not surprised that a stock tC and good driver took one down at all. but what do iknow, i just have first hand experience in this situation.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Today I encountered an old friend form school and guess what he was in? A silver Tiburon GT V6. we said whats up and thne he tried to gas it on me. I just downshifted to 3rd and smoked him in a matter of seconds. (exadurating diddn't smoke hium but I was a car length ahead within seconds) It was also raining and the roads were wet but we were the only ones on the road for that strip. We both laughed and went our seperate ways. +2 tC -GT V6 0

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.