Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was heading to Russ's house *fellow tib owner* cus we were doing a few mods.

on pleasant hill road i drove past a tc, a somewhat riced accord and then at the front was a black 5 speed v6 tib. Mines 5 speed v6 as well. so he gestures me follow him onto the road so i turn onto buford.

: ) we begin the races.

DemonEyez vs Tib. DemonEyez by 5 car lenghts up to 80mph from a 30 roll
DemonEyez vs TC. DemonEyez by 8 car lengths up to 80 mph *i started in 2nd gear when i should have started in 1st so that was kinda dumb too*
DemonEyez vs Accord. Me by countless car lenghts.

DemonEyez vs tib race 2. DemonEyez by around 11 i think car lengths up to 100mph
DemonEyez vs TC race 2. More than 15 at least car lengths up to 100mph

when i say 100mph. thats the speed i shut down at.

We pulled into a gas station to talk. cool guys. tc had filter replacement.
tib had AEM cai.
accord i didnt even bother talking to

my mods:

cone filter placed after my MAF. cat back exhaust. ground wire kit.

P.S some of you are like i finally saw another tc. : ( get out more folks i dont drive one but i've seen more than 10 diff ones. and i dont drive far from where i live.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Dai, I really hope to NOT read a thread one day about "DemonEyez got caught streetracing doing 100mph in 45 and now his license is gone for a year".

I understand - college years, hormones, etc., but it's time to grow up. Take it to the track.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Let me know when you race people who aren't retarded.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by zoltiz@Sep 30 2004, 05:13 AM
Dai, I really hope to NOT read a thread one day about "DemonEyez got caught streetracing doing 100mph in 45 and now his license is gone for a year".

I understand - college years, hormones, etc., but it's time to grow up. Take it to the track.
wait wait wait andrew.

Aren't you the one who after installing your springs said I dont race.. then GUN it at the light.. TWICE..

grow up man!

besides. Growing up has nothing to do with street racing. I've got friends in their 50's who do it.

Growing up doesn't mean growing boring.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by DemonEyez@Sep 30 2004, 12:09 PM
wait wait wait andrew.

Aren't you the one who after installing your springs said I dont race.. then GUN it at the light.. TWICE..

grow up man!

besides. Growing up has nothing to do with street racing. I've got friends in their 50's who do it.

Growing up doesn't mean growing boring.
There is a difference between gunning it off the light and doing 100mph in 45. When did I shut off when we raced? 50? Maybe even 45 - don't remember. But definitely not more than 5-10 above the speed limit. I like my license

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Let's hear it for criminally negligent homicide!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by basilisk4@Sep 30 2004, 09:22 AM
Let's hear it for criminally negligent homicide!
lets hear it for those who can't control their rides. : ) sorry bud but i've done 155 in my car many times. it stays under my control.

BTw andrew. : ) we stopped at 65. and that road was 35 at the place we raced.

where i raced was 55. not much of a difference but still. I like my liscense too and will not lose it.

besides here is why your logic doesnt work.

if cops catch you racing period, they can revoke your liscense. Regardless of how fast your going.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Who was going 65? I wasn't

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Let's not get into an argument about GA traffic law. You're right that racing in GA will get you a 12-month suspension. That's something that's done by the DPS, and the cop has no discretion in the matter, except so far as to decide whether or not to ticket someone for racing in the first place. Obviously, you're going to be a lot more likely to be ticketed for racing at 100 MPH than at 55 MPH.

The real difference is that going 100 will probably land you in jail, while going 15 over will not. Also, going 100 will almost certainly get you tickets for Reckless Driving and Aggressive Driving. Both of those are high and aggravated misdemeanors in GA, which means they are not just traffic violations. If you ever get one of those, your insurance will be ridiculous (if you can get any at all) for at least 7 years.

Sure, growing old doesn't have to mean growing boring. But being young also doesn't have to mean being stupid.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by basilisk4@Sep 30 2004, 12:05 PM
Let's not get into an argument about GA traffic law. You're right that racing in GA will get you a 12-month suspension. That's something that's done by the DPS, and the cop has no discretion in the matter, except so far as to decide whether or not to ticket someone for racing in the first place. Obviously, you're going to be a lot more likely to be ticketed for racing at 100 MPH than at 55 MPH.

The real difference is that going 100 will probably land you in jail, while going 15 over will not. Also, going 100 will almost certainly get you tickets for Reckless Driving and Aggressive Driving. Both of those are high and aggravated misdemeanors in GA, which means they are not just traffic violations. If you ever get one of those, your insurance will be ridiculous (if you can get any at all) for at least 7 years.

Sure, growing old doesn't have to mean growing boring. But being young also doesn't have to mean being stupid.
sorry mr.

But first off. I dont think im stupid and a street race or 2 doesn't make me stupid. Everyone has at some point done it.

Do i race in traffic no. We did it on clear roads when there was no one in front. Have people tried to race me in traffic .. yes. i just laughed at them.

I am at any point willing to put myself in that situation. As well as the person who wanted me to race them. I dont start the races. But if there is anyone else on the read ahead I don't because I wont take a chance of getting them involved.

I am responsible in some ways don't get me wrong, but if you keep revvin at me n revvin at me then im gonna race as longa s the conditions i stated above are present.

btw andrew, that first run we had your speed was about 60. mine 65 before i realized you let off.

Either way we can sit here and rgue over and over. You have your point, and i have mine. I was just relating a story.

Leave it at that.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Uhh... why dont you brag to someone who cars? 155 in your tib? I'd just be happy i got home ok after that. Come on guys.. lets keep the bickering to a minimum and really... who cars how many cars he won by... its his word... he can say whatever he wants. Believe him or not... its your choice... but I really doubt he took a tC by 8 cars.... I really really really really really really really really did I meantion really doubt it!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by FrostbytetC@Sep 30 2004, 05:13 PM
Uhh... why dont you brag to someone who cars? 155 in your tib? I'd just be happy i got home ok after that. Come on guys.. lets keep the bickering to a minimum and really... who cars how many cars he won by... its his word... he can say whatever he wants. Believe him or not... its your choice... but I really doubt he took a tC by 8 cars.... I really really really really really really really really did I meantion really doubt it!
i know you doubt me but please come over to altanta and we can do it again.

all im saying. i'll take any of you in this offer.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Glad you're pleased with your car man. mad props... but I wouldn't waste the time, gas, or wear on my clutch to come to atlanta to race you. I had a friend of mine die just last week street racing. This is what was left of his car after he got side swiped by the person he was racing....

they found pieces of his body.... that about it.... so ask me if I street race anymore...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by FrostbytetC@Sep 30 2004, 05:30 PM
Glad you're pleased with your car man. mad props... but I wouldn't waste the time, gas, or wear on my clutch to come to atlanta to race you. I had a friend of mine die just last week street racing. This is what was left of his car after he got side swiped by the person he was racing....

they found pieces of his body.... that about it.... so ask me if I street race anymore...
that sucks man.

i know what your all thinking but like i said. i only do it when me vs car are the only ones on the road. if i even notice any car looking like its about to pull into our road i slow down. if im approaching a light i slow down. I do it, but i stay as safe as i can while doing it. I know some of you don't agree, but sorry all thats me.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Well man... just to let you know... when this happened the street was pretty much clear... it was the car he was racing that lost control and swiped my buddy's car which sent him into on coming traffic. You can never be safe where there are other cars involved. you can do as you wish.. but just remember... no situation is perfect... just be careful man. It not easy having to bury a friend of 4 years at 21 years old just because he had something to prove to another kid who couldnt' drive. The other driver is facing jail time.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by FrostbytetC@Sep 30 2004, 05:40 PM
Well man... just to let you know... when this happened the street was pretty much clear... it was the car he was racing that lost control and swiped my buddy's car which sent him into on coming traffic. You can never be safe where there are other cars involved. you can do as you wish.. but just remember... no situation is perfect... just be careful man. It not easy having to bury a friend of 4 years at 21 years old just because he had something to prove to another kid who couldnt' drive. The other driver is facing jail time.
i understand and thanx for not bashing me even tho you have your own opinion and i have mine. I know no situation is ever safe. Heck i could drive my car 15mph and get hit by a truck doing 100.

But like i said i try to be as safe as i can. I dont want that to happen to anyone or myself. If i feel like i can't control my car at a certain point i shut down. Like when i didnt get my tires rotated or balanced for like 4 months : ( car used to vibrate a lil over 90mph.

I've lost friends too in similar situations.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts