Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed people discussing this issue before so I want to get it out in the open. When trying to give it a little gas, it seems like I can depress the accelerator pedal a few degrees and have absolutely no throttle response. If I keep depressing the pedal eventually the RPMs will shoot up past 1500 and then settle back down around 1000. This has been causing me laborious shifts, trouble matching revs and wheel speed and "jumping" into gear. A good way to see this illustrated is to have the car running in neutral and try to rev the motor from idle up to 1000 RPMS and hold it there. Its Almost Impossible! Whenever I try the RPMS fly up to nearly 1750 and then drop down to around 1000. I also notice that during upshifting, its hard to ease into gear sometimes, precisely because its very difficult to give it a little gas without the RPMS shooting up to 2000 and then settling back down so you can catch the gear properly. I have no idea what a solution for this problem might be, but I have 13,000+ miles on it and this is one thing that I really dont get. Comments...feedback?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks nineveh, instead of providing their valuable (i'm sure) advice they have to rag on me cuz I couldn't find the thread where I thought I saw this issue discussed before....SORRY!! I'll go hang myself now...jesus, its just a question, thats what forums are for right??? If anyone has some relevant info or comments please respond, if not, F off.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
actually, it seems to me that tek was defending you starting this topic. his post was a response to plissken's question. and it was a valid response. so tone it down a bit, please. jake, you too, please. we dont need a war brewing. because that isnt what this forum is for.

as to the topic at hand. sounds like your issue with throttle response is a little more severe than what other people had mentioned. if i remember right, the previous mentions were more a faction of the drive by wire adaptation. from your description, i would say you should take that into the dealer for a test drive with one of the MDT's so they can check it out.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Hmmm i dont really have an issue with the throuttle response, but what you are saying it sounds like my bro's AT mazda 6. I know this happenes with most ATs.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Please don't even jokingly threaten me. There are some people who take computer stuff way too seriously, and I am not one of those people. But I don't like people saying they'll hunt me down. Because if u did u wouldn't be happy with the results.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Chill out. What's in my sig is meant to be a bit of a joke. Obviously I am not going to really hunt anyone down if they don't search first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the opposite (problem?) actually...my throttle is suuuuper sensitive, i felt like a retard driving out of the lot because i had to keep on lightly the tapping the gas over and over again so the car would accelerate but not enough so i would ram into 100 new scions.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Do you have an auto? I've noticed this with the wife's car. Nothing at all, then all of a sudden the car lunges forward when you just want a little bit of a creep. It's not consistent either. Sometimes it does, other times it doesn't. The manual is a lot easier to control at low speed because at least you can slip the clutch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.