Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting the mudguards and door sill enhancements, does anyone have any thoughts on those two things? Also was wondering (this may be a really stupid question) if you can put the wheel locks on yourself? I will cry the day this car gets a scratch on it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have the mudguards and am probably getting the door sill enhancements because my boyfriend thinks they look cool and he wants to buy them for me. There are some pictures of the mudguards on my website.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted the door sill enhancements mostly so that part of the car doesn't get scuffed, but not even sure they do that?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hmm... I was thinking about adding the mudguards and the door sills. Its quite expensive to get them installed at the dealers. Does anyone know if I could do this myself??? I could get the part for much cheaper than what the dealer offers it for.

Set of mudguards $28.32 + shipping + tax (if applicable)
Door sills $64.90 + shipping + tax (if applicable)

http://www.partznet.com/toyota/scion/acces...tchomepage.html

·
Registered
999 Posts
I believe most Door Sills are screw ons. So your going to need to drill it. I could be wrong of course, but nonetheless, it should be an easy install.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah, I'm not about to drill any hole in the car by myself...it's just not gonna' happen! Hehe.

Also, I can't remember where I posted it but awhile back, on some forum, I posted a question asking about the door sill strips too. I was told not to get them....that someone took a test drive with a tC that had them on there, and they were already all scuffed up and scratched.

I figure I'm gonna' wait till I get my car and see what the stock ones (if any) look like. If they are pretty easy to change in and out (ie: don't need to drill holes, just need to unscrew the old ones off and screw the new ones on) then I'll buy a set or two off the internet and change them out as needed.

If someone DOES get these (and does it on their own) can you please let me know if you had to drill something yourself?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by xsangriax@Jul 22 2004, 12:41 AM
if you can put the wheel locks on yourself?
yes you can put the wheel locks on by yourself.. all you do is replace the current
lug nuts on your wheels with the set you buy.. it's just that these new ones can only
be placed on with your "key" that comes with the wheel lock set

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I forgot to include this on my original post, but does anyone know anything about body colored side moldings being offered for the tc, and if not do you guys know anyone that does that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered the mud guards and sill plates this week and I've looked at instructions for both.

To install the rear mud guards you have to drill holes, but the front ones have the holes pre-drilled. You're drilling ito the lip of the fender, so even if you drilled it in the wrong place and had to re-drill it, nobody would notice. Just be careful not the scratch the outside of the fender while doing it.

The sill plates just snap on after pulling the stock ones off. The stainless steel should be pretty durable. Maybe the scuffed ones still had the protective plastic on or something.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Originally posted by JasonH@Jul 22 2004, 02:21 PM
Maybe the scuffed ones still had the protective plastic on or something.
That's a good thought...definitely a possiblilty. It didn't sound quite right to me, anyways....steel should definitely be more durable than that...ESPECIALLY on a car only being used for test drives.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by n3ro+Jul 22 2004, 08:06 AM-->QUOTE (n3ro @ Jul 22 2004, 08:06 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-xsangriax
@Jul 22 2004, 12:41 AM
if you can put the wheel locks on yourself?
yes you can put the wheel locks on by yourself.. all you do is replace the current
lug nuts on your wheels with the set you buy.. it's just that these new ones can only
be placed on with your "key" that comes with the wheel lock set [/b]
Those keys are cool, but really all you need is a good set of SNAP ON TOOLs. Any lock can be opened!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
i was wondering about wheel locks... knowing the neighborhood that i live in... it really isn't far fetched that my wheels could get jacked... to me.. it looks like all the locks look the same.... so i dont know if they are really worth it... also... i was wondering if the wheel locks from kregan are just as good as the ones at the dealership

·
Registered
515 Posts
Just to let you all know wheel locks keep people honest they do nothing more. If I wanted to steal your rims or tires all I would do is break off the wheel locks its not that hard or require any extra work. Remeber a theif doesn't care if they break something just as long as they get the rims off. If your going to buy them just go to pepboys or advance auto and buy them there. They are only a couple of bucks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Originally posted by xsangriax@Jul 21 2004, 11:41 PM
I'm thinking about getting the mudguards and door sill enhancements
My mudguards are being put onto my car right now at the local dealership, and I'm eagered to see how they look with the Flint Mica color. As for the door sill enhancements, I'm thinking about just ordering them online and putting them on myself since they're much cheaper that way and are quite easy to install by yourself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts