Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of questions have been asked on this forum about waxing cars. I heard "Mothers" and Meguire's are good waxes. The best I've ever used though is called "Super Glaze HD" by "The Wax Shop."

My friend has been using it for 15 years and I started about 3 months ago. Basically, there is absolutely no white residue and goes on like butter. It takes about 15 minutes to do the whole car, and another 15 to take it off. It's much easier than normal waxing because even in direct sunlight it comes off fine.

Here is a link:

http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/rodi/ws11kt.html

Try it if you haven't already. Read the reviews...it's getting hard to find. The local autozone here has it...but no place else sells it. It's 14.99 here locally too

Marty

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm supposed to be getting my new tC tommorrow and wondered what type of paint it had? Is it clear coated, which uses a different type of wax from the straight paint that can use regular carnuba type wax like the McGuires.
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by MartytC@May 24 2005, 05:48 PM
clear coated...and the Super Glaze HD by The Wax Shop is the best to use, IMO
^^^you should be a rep for the promotion you are giving them.

I might have to give them a try sometime in the distant future, I have so many waxes right now that are full.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by MartytC@May 25 2005, 08:09 PM
sorry...I just believe in it. It's just so easy to use and is very good on clear coats.
no hey man its cool trust me I swear by many things as far as car cleaning is concerned

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by tc VVT-i@May 25 2005, 10:56 PM
get some shining monkey for tire shin. best tire shin ever. it doesn't spit all over your paint like other brands do
yeah I bought some of this stuff and it was ok but it stuck to my tires too well and it was hard to get it off, so I stuck with my Meguiars NXT Tire shine.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The Wax Shop Hi-Def Gloss System Features

Exceptionally slick and smooth mirror-like shine
Rich Carnauba protected Hi-Def Gloss finish
Leaves no powdery residue, even when used in direct sunlight
Removes oily film: conceals hairline scratches and swirl marks
No wax build-up, contains no harsh abrasives or sealants
Nutrients help nourish, condition, and preserve paint[/b]
Looks like a soft carnauba with fillers. LSP's (last step products) have come a long way in 15 years.

Let me start by saying that carnauba's will always have higher reflectivity than synthetic polymer based 'waxes'. What most people don't realise is that the second most important reason for applying wax is to provide protection for the painted surface of your car.

I have a few problems with the description above. First, it's carnauba. By itself, its great, but how can it have fillers and still not allow for buildup? Sounds like its going to be a very soft layer of protection. I have no doubt that it shines like crazy, but I would be concerned about longevity. Most LSP's that allow you to apply them in the sun are polymer based rather than carnuba based. Mostly because carnauba dries quickly and the polymers need more time to cure. I'm no expert, but I have done my homework on surface protection for my car. I've discovered that for a daily driver almost all carnauba's just dont compare to the polymer based synthetics out there. That's why everyone is heading toward Zaino, NXT, and Klasse AIO (all-in-one).

Based on their description, the bulk of their 'shine' is provided by oils and not the carnuba or polymers. I'll take the protection of a heavier carnauba or polymer based LSP over shiny oil any day. Granted, they don't say on their website that they provide protection they say they provide knock-your-eyes-out shine

Do what you want to do, but when I read something like this:
The Wax Shop's premium appearance products were formulated with racer's needs in mind," remarked Hank Richter, Project Manager for The Wax Shop[/b]
Somehow I just dont think he's talking about me and my daily driver.

If someone were to ask me what I recommend based on my experience, I would recommend NXT for those that have the patience to wax their car every 4-6 weeks, and Zaino for those that are looking for 8-10 weeks between waxes. I know there are a lot of Zaino zealots around here, but on my car I have found that NXT provides a bit more 'pop' and depth than Zaino. Zaino is a nice product and it looks almost as good as NXT. However, NXT just doesn't have the staying power that Zaino has.

Can someone post a link to some reviews of the Super Glaze HD? There's barely any information out there about it. I did find this set of reviews:
Midway Auto Supply Page

Thats all I found. For as long as its been around and as great as it sounds, I would think that more people would be talking about it. Especially considering it has at least 4x the distribution of Zaino.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good Post...I don't think I put that much thought into it.

My reasons for liking it:

Easy to apply, no white residue on black trim

Looks great

Great protection (my buddys car looks showroom new after 2 years)

You make great points though...and obviously know more about this than I do.

Thanks for the Information!

Marty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.