Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed more and more often lately that when I go from 2nd to 3rd under normal driving conditions 3K-4K rpm shift it doesn't want to go into 3rd. It hits almost a stop, i have to pull it back a little and then push forward again to get into 3rd.

Any ideas? Should I have it looked at during my first oil change (currently 400 miles on the car)

· Registered
543 Posts
yes. evry once in a while i miss shifting into third because of that. (partly because i'm kind of lazy when shifting sometimes.) there's another thread that talked like putting a better tranny fluid in would make it shift better.

· Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car hasn't even broken 400 miles quite yet, so ya the problem has been pretty much since I got it. It is just weird, i have never experienced something like it. The service center told me that new tranny fluid would void the warranty, which is bullshit, but I kind of have to go with whatever they say.

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
i admit, i miss third occassionally as well, but its on the upshift. and its probably because i am being lazy at the time, but it only happens going into third.

· Registered
339 Posts
yea you should change your fluid to redline mtl, thats what i am about to do and i have about 900 miles on my car...the reason i am doing this is make the shifting more smooth

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.