Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planin on getting my first car soon. I read some reviews and read some of your post and it sounds like ya'll are real happy with your car. But I got a few questions that I was hoping ya'll could answer for me.

-I'm tall(6'3) how much room does the driver seat have.

-It looks like the backseat of the car is small. How much room is there in the back.

-I'm a student, and I just rented this townhome in the past 3 months and I have little credit with no job(right now). What are my chances for getting a loan?

-Is there anything about the car that just irks the hell out of you?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
1. I'll be honest -- I don't see how someone much higher than 6'0" (my height) could sit in this car comfortably. That having been said, there are a couple people on here who are 6'3" or taller who have said they are quite comfortable in the tC. In other words, you really need to take the tC out for a test drive and see how it feels to you.

2. The back seat is actually pretty darn big. Head room is somewhat lacking on the very sides, but two 6' tall people can be quite comfortable back there if they lean back and look up at the moonroof.

3. Believe me when I tell you that anyone, and I mean anyone, can get a car loan. The only quesiton is how high your interest rate will be. Just be sure you will be able to afford the payments for the length of your loan, or you will find yourself paying a lot for a car you no longer own.

4. I freakin' love my tC.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by basilisk4@Oct 31 2004, 12:14 PM
1. I'll be honest -- I don't see how someone much higher than 6'0" (my height) could sit in this car comfortably. That having been said, there are a couple people on here who are 6'3" or taller who have said they are quite comfortable in the tC. In other words, you really need to take the tC out for a test drive and see how it feels to you.

2. The back seat is actually pretty darn big. Head room is somewhat lacking on the very sides, but two 6' tall people can be quite comfortable back there if they lean back and look up at the moonroof.

3. Believe me when I tell you that anyone, and I mean anyone, can get a car loan. The only quesiton is how high your interest rate will be. Just be sure you will be able to afford the payments for the length of your loan, or you will find yourself paying a lot for a car you no longer own.

4. I freakin' love my tC.
Yeah...thats what really worries me is the intrest. If i get a job I will have to worry about if its going to be enough to carry my payment and also my insurance. Frickin Florida has such a low minimum wage(5.15)

·
Registered
372 Posts
1 - I am 6'3" and can sit in the driver's seat with ball cap and sunroof shade closed, no problems. I think that 6'4" may be close to the max. Note, the passenger's seat is not as capable and if you have any tall friends.......

2- The back seat looks pretty big, but let's face it, I rarely drive it with more than one passenger. I think it will work well, especially if your friends are shorter -- the slope of the hatchback gets you there. You gonna be hauling bunches of people?

3 - You have to go in get run through the wringer to find out. That or use a credit union maybe you belong to...... Best of luck there!

4 - Yes. I don't get to drive it as often and I spend too much time keeping it clean!

Cheers!

·
Registered
675 Posts
1- i disagree with the 6'4 is the max.. i am 6'6 and other people who are 6'6 fit fine in this drivers seat.. there is a height adjustment.. no problem at all for me.. yeah the passenger seat doesn't have the height adjustment it really does make a difference.. but hey it works for me driving it!! i'm not in the passenger seat.. lol

2- the backseat is large.. people who i know who are 5'10 and 6'1 can sit back there, just have to recline the back of the seat a little.. no problem.. more room back there than my 1996 civic coupe!

3- what irks me about my tC? hmmm... the dash washes out a little depending on how the sun hits it.. if the sun hits it with the sunroof open.. that's really all i can complain about.. seats are comfortable, don't have rattles, radio door works fine on mine, radio is pretty good for stock, brakes feel good, handles well, nice balance between comfort ride and handling..

4- loan? chances are you should probably seek out your own loan like at a credit union since the dealer will really screw you based on your credit score..

and about the interior.. it's snug.. kind of like sporty cars are supposed to be, where everything is close and easy to get to.. i like the interior.. sit in one when you can and see for yourself..

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dad has one and he is 6'4. He says the seats are very comfortable, alls he does is adjusts the up and down of the seat and the sterring wheel and its fine. I found the backseats to be very roomy with plenty of leg room.

I think for a coupe/hatchback its very roomy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks you guys for the info.....it sounds like there going to be enough room for little ol me. I'm still going to check it out at the dealersship. Now I just have to worry about the finances.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I guess I will have to leave the height question to the tall people. I am only 5'9'' and fit well most anywhere in the car. The back seat has very good leg room and fair head room. It is a little hassle getting in the back...like any 2 door car. I mean this is a sporty coupe type design.. not the 4 door family sedan. Taking that into account, you will not find any better room in this type of automobile.
Financing will be hit or miss I guess. Depending on your past credit history or situation it can go through smooth or not at all. I intended to buy my car outright but was still told I could finance even though I have not worked for nearly 4 years. I declined the financing. It is all dependent on your credit history and other things.
Good luck to you on your quest for a tC. I warn you that if you drive one you will not want to look at another car. I have had many cars over the years and the tc is truley a fine car that does not come out every day. If the car fits your needs for space and looks...you cannot go wrong in getting one. Many car makers would be happy to have a car in their line-up as good as the tC for a price twice as much.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Geneo@Oct 31 2004, 07:21 PM
...I have not worked for nearly 4 years. I declined the financing...
<offtopic>

you haven't worked in 4 years?! if you aren't in school whats your secret?

</offtopic>

·
Registered
290 Posts
I am 6'3" and can sit in the driver's seat or the back seat (with it reclined) easily
The driver's seat and steering wheel have plenty of adjustment built in to make it pretty easy to fit all kinds of drivers:) !!!!

good luck on the loan anybody can get one but having a way to pay for it first may be a good idea

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Let me just add a little tid bit about financing. I'm 21, so obviously with a short credit history. What I did was, I got my parents to help me with the financing part, that is my dad (with excellent credit) signed on as the borrower and I was the co-borrower, so technically, the car goes on my credit report and his as well. So it actually helps you build your credit, while we got tier-1 financing from Toyota. I think the rate was like, 4.5% or something like that. I'm making the payments myself online at toyotafinancial.com, so I am paying for it. That's just somehting to think about if you have a parent that would trust you to do that, it would really help you out, b/c you'll definitely get screwed if you finance the car yourself...unless you can afford paying a higher monthly payment and interest rates, I know I can't.

Above all else I love this car. My dad is 6'3" and has never had a problem driving the car or riding in the back on long road trips, which we go on pretty often. I highly recommend the car. Good luck and wish you all the best with your finances. I would also suggest to order the car as soon as you can b/c of waiting lists, which are a pain in the ass. I waited two months for mine, it was the longest two months of my life.

Take care.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol....maybe I shouldn't test drive, because if I love it will be that much harder for me to accept that I may not be able to pay for it now.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
One more thing about financing: Don't fall into the trap of thinking you can afford the car if you just extend your payments. You really don't want a 60-month or 72-month loan if you can avoid it -- you'll pay WAY more interest over the life of the loan than you will for a 36- or 48-month loan, and it's much harder to predict what your finances will be like for 6 years than for 3 or 4. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm 6'2" and have no problems at all driving the tC. In the back seat my head hits the glass..... until I recline the seat and then it's all good!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I took a test drive of the tC today it drove really well. I personally can't see someone 6'6 being comfortable in this car, because I had to put the seat all the way back in order for me to be comfortable. Because of this no one can sit behind me because there would be no room. Other than that, I was a good drive, very repsonsive, good accerleration. This is the only time I wish I was a little shorter.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well then don't test drive it, if you think you'll want it that much more.

I would
A) go sit in it, front and back seats and see how you fit (I'm 6'2 1/2" and I fit comfortly snug.)
B) get a job
C) go from there

Your thinking too far in the future, especially if your making $5.15hr.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts