Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Two weeks ago I was involved in an accident, the car was a total lost…(not my fault)
pics of crash
Now, I’ve narrowed my choices for a new car…
1) Trailblazer w/ employee discount (what the wife wants)
or
2) New TC (what I want)
I know…….. two totally different cars
I guess my question is, how do you guys like your car…pros and cons. Because car shopping sucks, you fall in love with that “new car smell” and a test drive just won’t cut it. But you guys own one and drive it everyday….

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just bought mine about 5 days ago and lovin it. It's getting tinted as I speak, woo!

It's alot of fun and it's actually very roomy inside, I had a 2 door civic before and this car seems HUGE compared to it plus the whole top opens up so it seems even bigger, as well as it being a hatch gives you a massive trunk space with the seats down.

·
Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Welcome to the site and I'm glad you are interested in buying a tC but please just read alot of the topics that have already been started and I believe you will find most of the answers you are looking for. You can also use the search the find something specific you are looking for. It is below the ads at the top of the page with the magnifying glass icon.

·
Registered
72 Posts
how much is the employee discount? by the way i ordered a 2006 flint mica tc myself with the side and curtain airbags. then i went to trdtoyota.com and got some stuff for almost half the price that they would charge you at the dealership. dont pay attention to plissken he is probably some wirey pimple faced geek telling everyone to use the search function. just another keyboard warrior who thinks he is the president of the united states. he thinks he is a moderator or at least he is trying to become one. anyhow welcome and if i were you i would go for a scion tc for many many reasons.

·
Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Originally posted by Sparta@Jul 18 2005, 09:05 PM
dont pay attention to plissken he is probably some wirey pimple faced geek telling everyone to use the search function. just another keyboard warrior who thinks he is the president of the united states. he thinks he is a moderator or at least he is trying to become one.
If you have a problem with me please send me a PM rather than trying to insult me. I have been a member on this forum from almost day one so please do not try to tell me what I can and cannot do. I often ask people to do a search because having been here for so long I know what topics have been covered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn’t want to start a conflict between anyone and please accept my apologies if I post in the wrong place …
yeah I know the “search button” This is not my first time on a forum (mp3car.com / galants.org / thegalantcenter.net / floridastreetscene.com / clubvr4.com just to name a few) … I’m not trying to be a smart a$$ just wanted your opinion…

I was looking for personal opinion. You guys/gals drive the car everyday. Some may have had the car for a few months now…A test drive around the block is nothing…

I test drove an ’06 manual and enjoy the car and was surprised with the room inside. As far as discounts a 2005/6 Trailblazer (base model) $26,600 with their “employee” discount we are looking at around 21,200

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Sparta, definitely need to simmer down on the personal attacks. Jake is the man.

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
do pay attn to jake, he is very knowledgeable. he knows this site like the back of his hand.

back on topic - as fate would have it the car your wife wants has earned a reputation on our site as a tC killer. more than one member has had a run in with a blazer. the discounts and such are nice, but keep in mind that they are discounting their cars for a reason, and it isnt because they are flying off the lot faster than they can ship them. the resale on domestics is ridiculously low, and with everyone giving the cars away, it isnt going to help you when its time to get rid of a chevy for the next thing. not that any cars appreciate, but domestics are hurting really bad right now. i see them every day on trade in, and it isnt pretty.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have had my tC since the end of May. I love the car. It rox my sox.

My only complaints are as follows:
1st gear is a little short. I would like a few more seconds before hitting 4000 rpm.
At highway speeds the rpms are a little high. 3000 rpm at 65 mph. I would like to be at around 2000 rpms at 65 to get a little better fuel economy.
Occasional hatch rattle.
Too many ladies checking me out...

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
thinking, in this situation, is a highly over rated function. go do, and buy, now

·
Registered
38 Posts
Originally posted by kurker@Jul 20 2005, 01:20 AM
I have had my tC since the end of May. I love the car. It rox my sox.

My only complaints are as follows:
1st gear is a little short. I would like a few more seconds before hitting 4000 rpm.
At highway speeds the rpms are a little high. 3000 rpm at 65 mph. I would like to be at around 2000 rpms at 65 to get a little better fuel economy.
Occasional hatch rattle.
Too many ladies checking me out...
exactly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.