Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at a big electronics store so I save a fair amount on most purchases. My G/F just took delivery of a 2006 Flint Mica, long story made short I want to get the Pioneer AVIC-D1 the only concern I have is loosing the door over the stock head unit. I love having things appear OEM esp. When it comes to high dollar electronics.

So my question is can a Double Din radio go in and not loose the Factory Scion door cover.

I just do not want it to appear like this :

www.streeteffectz.com/sciontcd1install

I want that silly little door.

Not to worry for protection I already ordered her a 2 way LCD screen alarm, I own a 85 pound Doberman, and Browning 9mm

·
Registered
9 Posts
They are nice and cool and all but...

It only 2v pre-outs and you have to buy a separate dvd-changer if you want to watch dvds.

I was going to get the deck until I decided that I would rather have my music sound better than have navigation which I probably wouldn't use that often. The d1's major selling point is it's navigation, not its sound.

So I decided to go with the Pioneer DEH-P80MP and do a custom fiber glass install in the dash.

JM2C - The Chad

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by indecisive311@Sep 22 2005, 07:21 AM
They are nice and cool and all but...

It only 2v pre-outs and you have to buy a separate dvd-changer if you want to watch dvds.

I was going to get the deck until I decided that I would rather have my music sound better than have navigation which I probably wouldn't use that often. The d1's major selling point is it's navigation, not its sound.

So I decided to go with the Pioneer DEH-P80MP and do a custom fiber glass install in the dash.

JM2C - The Chad
Well, its true about the not the best thing for sound; but thats not why I'm buying it. She NEEDS the Navi, she has totally just relocated down here and I know my way but I cant always answer the phone. As for the DVDS its illegal and I know personally they have started giving out fairly hefty fines for watching them here in FL, dont know about the rest of the nation. I've had way to many problems with the DEHP80MP, like that silly knob breaking off. and my cost on the D1 is less than a grand.

Over all sound improvements are going to be the Pioneer componet TS-C160R's and the rear are gonna be TS-D601P. Running through Infinity 7541 4 channel amp(111 watts rms per channel, 400 peak). with a Kicker L5 12" 2 Ohm sub, custom encluser, and a kenwood KAC-9102D Mono sub amp 850 w rms, 1700 peak @ 2 Ohm. all with 12 Guage wire and a 4 farad cap. the entire system including this D1 is gonna cost around 1300 Bucks, I already have/ordered everything minus the D-1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.