Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the Zaporozhets, my parent's first car. It was tiny but very versatile the engine was in the back. The car was a real trooper too. We definitely put on hundreds of thousands of kilometers on it, I definitely don't remember how many.

And then there was the Moskvich, after the Zaporozhets broke down.

Funny, aint it?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Man...those cars look to have a lot of FIAT in the designs...the roof-lines for sure. I guess that is a natural as the Russians sold a lot of steel to FIAT in years past and they gave a bit of help to them in setting up some of their factorys.

·
Registered
228 Posts
geneo

yes, you're right, if i'm not mistaken, both middleclass russian cars of that time (moskvich and zhiguli) were actually redesigned models of fiat...

whoisthatrussian

actually, some guy brough a zhiguli 001 (kopeika) over from russia here to SF. I saw it twice already, once on the road and i thought it was a fiat, but second time parked, and guess what - it was not fiat. it was a real russian-made kopeika. I felt proud for my people! hey, i felt proud for my country!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^ that's pretty funny, dude. I've seen a couple of Lada Niva's around NYC.
For those who might not know what a Niva looks like, here's a pic:

This is the Russian land rover.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys, I think I found a spoiler I want to put on my tC. Check this out:

Man, Russians are hardcore. If you can't afford a spoiler, make one out of wood!

·
Registered
228 Posts
russains are hardcore indeed....

i saw once a bumper sticker "wide load" on the back of zaporozhets (the very first pic in this thread)... and there was another one on a car like has a spoiler in this thread - it had written on the back of it (with a finger in the half-inch thick layer of dirt, of cours) - "Going slow, but ahead of YOU" *

*a little explanation - in russia most of the roads are one-lane, so if it's rushhour, its almost impossible to pass...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Originally posted by whosthatrussian@Nov 30 2004, 07:36 AM
^^^ that's pretty funny, dude. I've seen a couple of Lada Niva's around NYC.
For those who might not know what a Niva looks like, here's a pic:

This is the Russian land rover.
That's soo cool. I actually test drove one of those in Australia when I was looking for a car. I thought it was kickass but when I asked my boss about it (he's Russian) he kinda warned me away.

I ended up getting a civic but always wished I would have bought the Niva just for the character of it.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yep, thats got character. or something resembling character, at least.

whats a kilometer? that's funny sh!t, marty.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
you arent going to get me to do it, marty. i will not explain what a kilometer is. stop trying to manipulate me.

but

i

really

want

to

do

it...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I feel that I should probably take that pic down before I get in trouble, what do you think, Marty? (and no, as much as my dad loves cars, that's not him.)

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I'm too busy right now trying not to puke and crap to evaluate something like that, Alex...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.