Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its been 2 weeks since i've bought my car.. to be exact yesterday was 2 weeks old.. i'm at 610 miles.. i'm loving the car..

When i bought the tc i traded my red mustang in...

few days ago, I see another tC on the block.. things gets weird..

the guy that lives few doors from my house also had a mustang (red).. and for past few days i haven't seen it and it was replaced in the same parking spot by the silver streak tc.. didn't think much of it.. then realized.. HE BOUGHT THE tC...

i just thought this was really weird and kind of freaked me out.. same neighborhood.. trade in the same color car in for the same new model of tC.. mine is wayyyyy HOTTER then the silver (no offense to the silver people) ..

so i'm still in "shock"

hahah just thought i'd share it.. if the guy that lives on my block on BEALE AVE has the same car.. nice purchase.. lets hook up our cars together..

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Coincidence? I think not... he's copying you!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Does his house look like yours? Has he copied your furniture?

·
Registered
454 Posts
lol, my neighbor just got her car stolen a little while ago and now she is getting a new tC. She is either getting the FM like mine or the white. I keep trying to tell her to get the white, don't want her to have the same car and color.

·
Registered
31 Posts
See if your key will work in his car, you never know. Take it out for a spin if it does. I had this happen to me years ago I walked up to a car like mine and opened the door with my key. I was shocked
when the seat was really close to the pedals. Then I figured it out, I was in the wrong car............

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
That so should not happen.... What kind of car was it? (Hooray for horrid key design)

Oh, and if you can get into the car, you won't be able to start it - Toyotas & Scions have the Engine Immobilizer that checks for the chip in your key.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Was his 'stang a V6? More the reason for him to trade it in.

I don't know about your location, in NYC, 'stang insurance is a few times that of any other sports coupe (5k I heard for full coverage. It was 5k for my friend who wanted a 'stang, until he learnt of the cost of ownership).

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by shifter@Sep 30 2005, 08:16 PM
Was his 'stang a V6? More the reason for him to trade it in.

I don't know about your location, in NYC, 'stang insurance is a few times that of any other sports coupe (5k I heard for full coverage. It was 5k for my friend who wanted a 'stang, until he learnt of the cost of ownership).
STi has ludicrous insurance as well in NYC.

-Ed

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hey KRDSHRK what is that mobile immobilizer is that like a alarm, do every tc have it, i see a red flashing light under a air condition swicth

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
It's the toyota engine immobilizer system - the car checks if there's a chip in the key when you try to start the ignition - without the correct chip, it'll stop the engine when the brake is pressed. Every tC has it.

Toyota calls it the "rolling-code engine immobilizer"

·
Registered
454 Posts
Originally posted by {StatuSChecKa}+Sep 29 2005, 09:24 AM-->QUOTE ({StatuSChecKa} @ Sep 29 2005, 09:24 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Halewafa
@Sep 29 2005, 08:54 AM
She is either getting the FM like mine or the white.
That would totally blow!!!
Make her get the white.
Is she hot?!? [/b]
Heck yeah shes hot! I took her and her friend (who was hotter) out for a spin so they could see if they liked it... I shouldn't have done that now that I think of it, now she really wants to get one

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.