Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hey, i dont know if thats what your talking about or not, but sounds like what my uncle put on his truck. He said it helped his gas milage couple miles, and he said it helped is throttle response. Also it makes his truck sound alot meaner, soo if an intake isnt what you want, then maybe that would add some noise, and slight gains?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me. I must be stupid to be so freaking honest and not tell people to buy crap that does nothing but line someone's pockets. $35 for something that costs less than a nickel to manufacture and has less than 20 minutes of total R&D time. Not only that, but there are people like Shep who actually believe this thing does something useful, and tell their friends about it. I must be stupid or something....gotta get in on this gravy train...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I just have this ultra-sensitive BS detector for anything cheap that claims to enhance fuel economy.

I always figure, if I can come up with something that will save 5-10%, I should charge accordingly. Like a few hundred bucks PER unit because it works and I've patented it. If it costs $35 or even $9.95, I'm really doubtful it will do anything because the marketing guys would be in my butt about selling too cheap.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Those tornado things don't work? I thought that by putting a large metal plate inside an otherwise wide-open intake would increase the air flow...

late

·
Registered
414 Posts
Well sorry lo bux for being so stupid. I said my uncle had something like it put on, and he liked it. But ovbiously im telling all my friends to buy it. So sorry for upsetting you.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Shep, I did not say you are stupid, and I'm not upset. Please don't take it personally, it wasn't meant that way. You posted what you believe, and I respect that. It just irks me that these marketing guys are so successful selling snake oil to unsuspecting people.

I know plenty of very intelligent people who have bought things like this and even been satisfied with their purchases, your uncle is obviously one of them. The only thing hard for me to swallow is measuring the actual improvements. Most people aren't meticulous enough to really see if there is an improvement, they just feel better about it. And they're happy to tell their friends. I can't count the number of people I know who've bought Slick 50 and claimed all kinds of BS about it. They still love the product, but it's snake oil none-the-less.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Once again, lo bux, you're full of ####. I put a tornado in my car and had an instant 12hp increase. True, 7hp came from the sticker, but I wouldn't have that sticker if it wasn't for the tornado.

Right now I'm the high bidder on one of those things you stick in the tailpipe to make the PSSSSSSSSSSSST sound of a turbo. Not even YOU can knock one of those.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Dude, the tailpipe turbos are nothing compared to the digital turbo I just ordered. Everytime I hit a button, a little speaker will make the turbo sound for me!!! It's like I can get the boost of turbo whenever I want it!!! I can turbo anything with this baby...I'm going to put it on my vacuum cleaner first.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Are you trying to tell me that Slick 50 doesn't work!? What's next, Dura Lube!? I WON'T HEAR A WORD OF IT!!!!

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by whosthatrussian@Feb 14 2005, 03:38 PM
I just "turboed" my penis.
Careful, that can make you go blind.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.