Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i've been wondering.... wat if i dont get all the performance options dat the dealer gives.. is the tc still "great", meaning, still a lot of joy? and which mods are worth it? and... if i get the tc stock, nothing added, but later down the road i want the trd exaust, can i still buy it from the dealer and have it under warranty?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Hey, to answer your first question, yes. The tC is a great car without any mods done to it. Most performance mods add a very modest amount of power. Toyota got this car right, IMHO. Nobody else can say which mods would be worth it for you. That's totally dependent upon what you plan on doing with the car. Finally, as for whether you can buy an exhaust later on, of course you can. With most cars, they offer parts for it even after the car is no longer made. I'm sure the tC will be no exception.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The "performance mods" primarily serve the purpose of lining the dealer's pocket. You could certainly purchase the car without options and then purchase and install any options later on. This may even be a better idea than buying them with the car, so that maybe you'll be less likely to get caught up in the excitement of the new car thing, if you know what I mean...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Most of the so-called mods out there do very little to really improve your car. In fact like one of the member signatures, many perform WORSE than stock. Unless you go all out and do some engine swap and/or turbo it. Then it will be a hassle, and no longer a joy.

The tc on its own is pretty fast. Now by fast I mean it's fast in its class. It's actually 1 second slower than the IS300 to 60mph I think. But I think it's fast enough and not too fast to get me in trouble.

I think tunners like to add HP and do all that, but unless you are a dedicated tunner and enjoying doing all these stuffs, the time, money (400 to 600 for a pipe, hahaha) wasted is not worth it. I rather buy a few more CDs, rip them and put them in my Iriver MP3 player and enjoy them as I drive :)

Unless Toyota offers a supercharger, otherwise I won't even bother with little things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.