Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
welcome to the site crush...yeah tC's lack the part where theres no floormats and no rear windhield wiper...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
walmart rubber=40 bucks

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
plus shipping, plus the cargo mat. all in all, you may save 25 bucks that way over your 5 piece dealer set at 145, and have to wait for them to be delivered. or you can head to walmart.

the tC doesnt need a rear wiper, imho.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
<-$145 at my dealer. and i think they are worth every penny.

although, i saw some really cute tazmanian devil floormats i really want at wally world.....

My rear window really doesn't get wet while i am driving. maybe, it doesn't rain as hard here.

·
Registered
115 Posts
shop around... in your price range mats are rarely standard. They're either part of an upgrade package or a "here's what I can do for ya today" ploy.

ya (I) pay for the custom cut and the perty logo....

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
that is hardly the case i would think. The price that scion charges for everything is standardized so, the same should apply to the accessories, for the most part. but, shop around if you have the time and desire to save yourself a dollar on a payment.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ exactly. for a dollar a month i get mats cut to fit, anchored in place so the driver's mat never interferes with my driving, and in about 2 weeks, i will be pulling my carpet inserts out for the winter, leaving me with brand spankin new mats every spring. for the record, i also encourage someone to find me a cargo mat at walmart or costco or pep boys that actually fits the cargo area of my tC. imho, 1 buck a month is well worth it.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
to be honest, i dont think i have sold a single tC in the last 15 months without floormats in it, nor have i had any requests to do so that werent dropped when the client saw them. for us, its a "standard option" essentially. i mean, i will happily order you a car without them, but i assure you, every car on my lot has mats in it. otherwise, i would have to stock 40+ sets of mats a month.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Nov 5 2005, 01:57 PM
the tC doesnt need a rear wiper, imho.
Ditto. I don't get this obsession some people have with having a rear wiper on the tC. I've NEVER had a situation where I felt like I needed one with this car.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Once I get up to speed the water just blows or runs right off. Of course, I put Rain-X on all my windows which helps as well. Back to the mats, though, I agree they are worth the price, at least Ken's. It is really great to not have to keep moving the driver side mat back into place all the time.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just bought the 4 piece set from Ken. Saved me $75 over the dealer (I have no use for the hatch mat)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.