Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is my favorite cosmetic mod so far. The color is Dark Graphite with Puddy inserts (perforated). Plus I got a bun warmer to get me through the winter

·
Registered
847 Posts
what did you use for the door inserts? is that leather as well? im considering getting katzkin w/the heated seats and cooling fans ([email protected] desert cant be one temperature all the time... meh, i guess its like that everywhere) and would like the door inserts to match whatever color i decide the inserts on the seats are...

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yeah, the panels are leather. its part of the Katzkin package. the door and rear panel inserts can be done to match the seats or the two tone inserts.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. The kit includes some flat pieces of fabric for the doors and rear panels. Make sure your installer looks for them. When they told me the car was done, I went to pick it up and they hadn't done the doors or rear panels. I had to take it in a second time to finish that up.

Let me know how the ventilation works. I thought about getting it (since the tC AC is a little weak).

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Sweet. I've been thinking about decking my tC out in black leather somewhere down the line if I decide to keep it for awhile.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Damn that looks really nice, good $hit! How much did it cost you after the finished product

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all. I'm really happy with how it turned out. It was a little tense looking at those little pieces of leather, trying to picture it in my head, hoping it'l look good when it's done.

Damn that looks really nice, good $hit! How much did it cost you after the finished product[/b]
$1300 for the premium kit with driver side heater, installed.

Where are the controls for the heat or are they integrated into the HVAC of the car?[/b]
There's a 3 position switch (lo/off/hi) installed into the plastic trim at the base of the driver seat on the left side. It's really easy to reach.

·
Registered
250 Posts
that nice,it will keep you warm too,

·
Registered
185 Posts
When you mention that its a kit, is it precut for the tC or just a generic kit for any car that the installer can fit into whatever? I am looking to get this type of thing done eventually. This is what I was looking for eventually, or something similar.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's precut for the tC. Katzkin let's you do quite a bit of customization. For instance, you can take the insert color all the way to the front of the seat and/or all the way up the seat back. They have other custom services like embossing and embroidery too. You can check it out at Katzkin.com

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.