Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody. i got my scion tc like 3 months ago and i wanna upgrade my sound system. does anybody know about the stock bazooka sub? is it a good subwoofer??? and if i were to purchase it what else would i need?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
It is not the worth the money in my opinion. My dealer had one on his demo and took it out to put in a custom system. He straight up tells his customers its not a very good buy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It depends on what you want. I went shopping for a custom box. $300 plus amp, sub, wiring kit and the speaker input to rca output box. I decided it wasn't worth all that expense and I got the Bazooka. I just wanted a little more bass to fill in. It is fine for that, to me.

·
Registered
515 Posts
They over price that sub by 200.00+

If you want to put a custom system in the car what you need is a adapter for the rear speakers. It cost around $14.00 it allows you to hook your amp rca's to that. Since the stock cd player doesn't have any line outs. Plus it just makes running RCA's faster and easier. I think they do the same thing for the factory options too. Unless they put the adapter behind the cd-player. Which I have seen those sell on ebay for around $45.00

Just remeber with the tC have your subs facing towards the back or straight up for the best sound

I sell all of the Bazooka tubes for under $200.00.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
You can find an Infinity Basslink for about $200 shipped on eBay, NIB. A much more competent performer than any of the Bazooka offerings sonically, miniscule power draw (12A peak) and a surprisingly small package-- about 1/2cf total, about 20lbs. I couldn't be happier with it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Originally posted by St0neY_Bol0gnA@Apr 11 2005, 09:44 PM
Is there like a preamp in the stock deck or somthing so that you can wire the Bazooka directly? Is it hard to install yourself?
You just have to buy the adapter and tap into the rear speakers. The adapter is 14.00 or you can buy one for behind the dash but I have only seen those for about 50.00 both do the same thing just one is cheaper.

I am going to pay somebody to do it for me since I lack to the time. But it shouldn't be hard just have to take off the side panel inside to get to the wires I think.

bazooka tubes are cheap in price though so don't pay more than 200.00 actual more than 150.00 is really pushing it. I'll list some prices below.

10" amplified subwoofer tube 100w $178.37

10" subwoofer tube, 4 ohm 200w $112.59

8" passive tube 300w $99.94

8" amplified tube 150w $201.14

8" 150w amplified nos tube $223.91

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Scion sells a harness for Bazookas that makes install completely splice-free. One end plugs in the HU harness behind the dash, and the other plugs in the Bazooka - a 10 minute install.

I have an 8" EL8A-HP tube, and just sold an extra one on eBay for $60 shipped couple of days ago - so if you don't want to rock your neighborhood - for under $100 you can get decent lows with stock system.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
For the $200 that the Basslink costs, you can buy a quality used amp off eBay, and then buy a new sub and box. So, I would recommend either going the cheap route (standard Bazooka tube -- not the factory option) or quality amp and sub.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Apr 13 2005, 06:45 AM
For the $200 that the Basslink costs, you can buy a quality used amp off eBay, and then buy a new sub and box. So, I would recommend either going the cheap route (standard Bazooka tube -- not the factory option) or quality amp and sub.
NO, you could buy a fair quality used amp, and a decent, moderately priced sub, then have no money for materials left. If you can accomplish what the Basslink does for under $200, the world will beat a path to your door.

A decent 10" sub will run you $150-- the eD 13Ov2 I thought about buying would have run $180 for the sub, and $240-300 for the amp to push it. Unless you have an ample supply of MDF or birch plywood on hand (as I do), expect to spend at least $40-50 on construction materials, and another $20-40 on finishing materials, if you're not doing anything ornate. That's a figure just to glue carpet to the box.

Let's abbreviate this and not even get into design and construction ability-- building a sub enclosure is a bit more than just slapping some wood together and cutting a hole it it for the speaker. But hey, don't take my word for it, I've only been building enclosures for 16 years.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Isotope+Apr 13 2005, 08:39 AM-->QUOTE (Dr. Isotope @ Apr 13 2005, 08:39 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-basilisk4
@Apr 13 2005, 06:45 AM
For the $200 that the Basslink costs, you can buy a quality used amp off eBay, and then buy a new sub and box.  So, I would recommend either going the cheap route (standard Bazooka tube -- not the factory option) or quality amp and sub.
NO, you could buy a fair quality used amp, and a decent, moderately priced sub, then have no money for materials left. If you can accomplish what the Basslink does for under $200, the world will beat a path to your door.

A decent 10" sub will run you $150-- the eD 13Ov2 I thought about buying would have run $180 for the sub, and $240-300 for the amp to push it. Unless you have an ample supply of MDF or birch plywood on hand (as I do), expect to spend at least $40-50 on construction materials, and another $20-40 on finishing materials, if you're not doing anything ornate. That's a figure just to glue carpet to the box.

Let's abbreviate this and not even get into design and construction ability-- building a sub enclosure is a bit more than just slapping some wood together and cutting a hole it it for the speaker. But hey, don't take my word for it, I've only been building enclosures for 16 years.
[/b]
Word

·
Registered
59 Posts
i have the bazooka... and the wiring and all is back there...

and the other day i realized i can get a rockford p3 and an amp for like $240... is the wire from the bazooka the same thing im gonna be able to use in order to put in the rockford? because i like the custom enclosure type thing, and im pretty sure ill be able to fit the p3 driver where the bazooka one is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.