Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just started work at a machine shop out in a pretty secluded area. I started an hour earlier then the rest of the 2nd/3rd shifters (hours are from 4:30 to 2:00), so I didn't see anyone else pull up into the lot. After I put in my 10 hours and I'm walking out of the door with the rest of the guys at 2:00 in the morning, I see scattered about the lot a 1997+ Prelude, S2000, 2002-05 Si, Tiburon GTV6, RSX, Corolla XRS, and last a 2000+ Celica GT (not GTS). And of course there were the other people driving cars of no interest to me but yah.... Anyways I didn't ever think to find so many tuner cars all in one place so easily and unknowlingly. Then came the fun part with everyone showing off for the new guy and doing their bat out of hell thing. Keep in mind we're out in the middle of nowhere. I found myself having a pretty hard time keeping up with all of them. In case you're wondering they waited a few miles on our way to the interstate before they really opened things up (not to be stupid and beat on a cold engine). I was the runt of the group in more then just performance, I was the youngest at 22. Everyone else was in there late 20's and early 30's which was somewhat of a surprise. Now I just want the S/c even more now, even if it may not give the best numbers in hp and 0-60 times. Not really a racing story but something close. Any input on this?

· BOOST its what I do!
6,530 Posts
Flaten there tires and they wont go any where lol. JK yea most of the guys i hang out with i am the beast of the group but then again my friend turbo civic hatch is just plain insane.

· Registered
187 Posts
Looking at the list of cars...not sure why you would have too hard of a time keeping up with them. Heck, the GT Celicas were 140hp with less torque than you, the RSX had 160hp with less torque as well. Maybe gearing and drivers made the difference, I'm just surprised though.

· Registered
4,758 Posts
Originally posted by Robs_tc@Feb 2 2006, 02:14 AM
.... Anyways I didn't ever think to find so many tuner cars all in one place so easily and unknowlingly. Then came the fun part with everyone showing off for the new guy and doing their bat out of hell thing.
tuners. they were probably modded to some extent

· Registered
533 Posts
Well all cars you found amusing there are evenly matched with you like the RSX, 00 celica GT (Its not really slower because its 500 lbs lighter)...02-04 si...and tibby GTv6...all cars about even....it really depends on who floors it first...about the preludes and corolla XRS and s2k thats a differ story...good story man...

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well there not all stock but neither is mine. Forgot to add the RSX is a type-S. Saw a couple of intercoolers on a few; the prelude, and Si, but that tiburon had some real power. These were the guys I was mostly referring to. I guess I'm not the runt of the group but far from competing with some.

· Registered
1,103 Posts
i imagine right off the lot we arent necessarily runts, against other stockers. but against those tuners? theres a good chance he was. those are all good platforms for quick tuners. (even tho you werent talking about the GTS) i dont think that car got the acclaim it deserved. i've seen celica GTS's beat 02/03 preludes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.