Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I don't like it all that well. I liked the most recent body style better (although I was able to drive one for a couple days while my Subie was in the shop and didn't really like it all that well), and I'm not sure what exactly bothers me about this new version, but something just doesn't sit well.

Your guys' thoughts?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I saw the commercial the other day, and my immediate thought was, "Now it's German, slow, AND ugly!" Three strikes; you're out.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it might just be the shape of the headlights and taillights, but it almost looks like an unholy union between an older Jetta and a Corolla.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Who put a VW badge and an aftermarket bumper on a corolla?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think it's alright. I like the body shape, especially the Corolla-esque backside. I don't like the rims (they could have sported nicer ones for the debut release) and I definitely don't like the front grill (in anything but silver, that would stand out like a beaver's two front teeth). I would still drive it though. I've always admired VW designs. Unfortunately the same can't be said for their long-term quality. But hey, we'll see. Maybe they've fixed some things, like the spontaneously-dropping-driver-window.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Those front fender flares give it a boy-racerish look. It's not all bad looking, but I doubt I would spend my money on one. BTW, my company does business with them, and we get a special discount. I still wouldn't buy one.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
eh....I think it's kinda bland for a vw. I've been in a 2004 jetta w/ leather, it's really nice on the inside, and I do like the previous model better than this one, but I think it'll still prove to be a decent car. I think you could get much more bang for the buck if you went with a japanese car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
vdubs are never pretty on the outside...at least at first. It usually takes the new model for people to say "I like the ol' body better". Love my GTI AND my tC. The VW might be butt ugly and dated looking (like the new Jetta) but it's a different story from the driver's seat. Just shouldn't compair German and Asian - completely different goals ...in my humble but educated opinion of course

·
Registered
75 Posts
The front end of the car is not appealing, but I can see Mazda 6 fans and Corolla fans really liking the car especially because the tailights are so similar to both of those cars. My verdict: "eh."

·
Registered
130 Posts
it looks identical to the new audi a4 and has the same front end as every audi and every future vw, which apparently has no imagination. Instead of designing a new car, they took the new a4 which looks like the a6 & a8, shortened it and stripped it of a few features. vw/audi sucks. Did I mention the fact that 0-60 on the auto is 9.4 seconds, and weighs almost 3300 lbs?! Pure crap

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
so its slow and it will suck up my second mortage for repairs?

i'm in.

·
Registered
130 Posts
it wouldn't really be so slow if it weren't for the fact of it's ridiculous curb weigth (3300lbs) for a compact. Now VW says the new Jetta is aimed at Accord, Camry, Altima, etc.. is actually quite funny. It weighs over 1 1/2 tons and has a underpowered 5 cylinder engine, and when fully equiped is priced around 25k.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
So what you're saying is that it's too expensive to compete with Corollas and Civics, and too slow and ugly to compete with Camrys and Accords. Awesome!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.