Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i pick her up at 6:00!! i can't wait, i've been driving myself nuts reading reviews and forums for two weeks. tonight i'll be cruisin with my girl in my new car! so happy, especially because the only reason i got this car is because my 03 civic was totalled when a woman decided to gun her car from a stop sign just as i was approaching. almost exactly one month ago. i'll post pics soon of my new ride.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Congratulations, I just picked up my 06 FM a week ago. I know your just going to love this car when you get it. Won't be able to stop driving it. The first day I got it I put over 100 miles on it just driving around town, showing all my friends.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Originally posted by scion_31@Aug 18 2005, 02:00 PM
i pick her up at 6:00!! i can't wait, i've been driving myself nuts reading reviews and forums for two weeks. tonight i'll be cruisin with my girl in my new car! so happy, especially because the only reason i got this car is because my 03 civic was totalled when a woman decided to gun her car from a stop sign just as i was approaching. almost exactly one month ago. i'll post pics soon of my new ride.
hey when you get your car.. (if you get this before you leave) take it for a test drive and see if there are any rattles in your new car.. and of course let us know if the 06 made any rattles

·
Registered
454 Posts
Originally posted by redreaper19+Aug 18 2005, 11:30 AM-->QUOTE (redreaper19 @ Aug 18 2005, 11:30 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-sciontc_mich
@Aug 18 2005, 11:20 AM
and of course let us know if the 06 made any rattles
no rattles for me. got a SW 06 [/b]
Same with me, don't have any rattles... yet.

·
Premium Member
13,780 Posts
Isn't it so exciting? I got mine a week ago and I don't think I'll ever stop loving to drive it. It's already got 230 miles on it and will be getting even more after I travel to Maine in it next weekend. Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just got back from my 3rd joy ride in the new tc. i must say i love the car so far. it looks better than almost any car i see on the road. (certainly any car in it's price range). the ipod stereo is a dream come true. no more stuffing cds in every nook and cranny of my car. besides all that, the car rides beautiful and just feels great.

on a sad note, i do infact already hear some rattling. i dreaded it for the two weeks i was waiting for the car. reading these boards everyday i would always come across someone posting about it, so i was prepared.

the good news is its not that bad. just a little rattle in the back right of the car, the upper right of the hatch. exactly where a lot of other people say they hear it. the weird thing is it only started during the third ride i took it on. as long as it doesn't get much louder i think it is something i can live with, just weird coming from a car that looks and feels so well put together.

this post is already too long and i have to get to bed. i'll post some pics this weekend!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Originally posted by scion_31@Aug 18 2005, 08:42 PM
on a sad note, i do infact already hear some rattling.  i dreaded it for the two weeks i was waiting for the car.  reading these boards everyday i would always come across someone posting about it, so i was prepared.

the good news is its not that bad.  just a little rattle in the back right of the car, the upper right of the hatch.  exactly where a lot of other people say they hear it.  the weird thing is it only started during the third ride i took it on.  as long as it doesn't get much louder i think it is something i can live with, just weird coming from a car that looks and feels so well put together.

this post is already too long and i have to get to bed.  i'll post some pics this weekend!
Don't feel so bad about it. Even Lexus owners get rattles, as I have read. I just got the car for less than 3 weeks and I do hear the rattle, too, from the hatch. That rattle can be heard when I close the hatch, so, my guess is that it's probably from the hatch door ???

Do what I do, turn the stereo up loud and you won't hear it any more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
actually i don't even have to turn the stereo up too loud to not hear it. just having some music hides it. and with the new ipod stereo, i should have music on almost all of the time. i was worried about the rattle because usually those things drive me crazy, but it really isn't that bad and when i say the car would be perfect without the little rattle, i mean it. i love the car! so for $20,000 to get a car that you consider perfect besides a little noise, is pretty damn good. the car is way cooler than my 03 civic was. thats enough from me about the rattle, it's not even worth talking about this much. if it gets worse, i'll bring it up again and try like others have to fix it. but now its time to enjoy the new ride.

my next post will be tomorrow with some pictures of the tC.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Originally posted by scion_31@Aug 18 2005, 11:00 AM
i pick her up at 6:00!! i can't wait, i've been driving myself nuts reading reviews and forums for two weeks.
finally, you can get some sleep.hehe

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.