Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pulled from sport compact car's march 06 issue. thought it was a great story. check out the issue for the full write-up.

Steve Mitchell (IMSA fame) piloted his 525hp R32 Skyline GT-R to a 1.5 minute victory in a race from los angeles to las vegas. he was racing a passenger on a 727 out of LAX. both left the same gas station in LA and headed in opposite directions. one to the airport, the other to sin city. the finish line was the awning outside the Venetian.

james tate (passenger in the skyline) reported a four wheel, 110mph powerslide off the freeway and onto Flamingo Blvd.

i need to work for SCC.

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, i mean 1.5 minutes. as in, they screamed into the driveway under the awning and got out of the skyline 1.5 minutes before the jet passenger walked up.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
That's awesome.

.... I want a skyline...

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aston martin vanquish vs. bullet train.

aston martin won.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Fast, eh.

I love the video of the Apache vs the Exige. The Apache would try to get a missile lock on the Exige. I don't recall who won but I'm sure the Exige 'won' because it'd be foolish to get a missile lock on such a small car. Exige vs 30mm cannon.. hmmmm.... But still, the handling capabilities of the Exige are absolutely astounding. I'm personally more impressed with the Exige and like cars than I am with the Bugatti car. But that's just I..

·
Registered
533 Posts
I owned a bicycle once...xD

·
Registered
142 Posts
Originally posted by PhamKL@Feb 2 2006, 08:41 PM
Fast, eh.

I love the video of the Apache vs the Exige. The Apache would try to get a missile lock on the Exige. I don't recall who won but I'm sure the Exige 'won' because it'd be foolish to get a missile lock on such a small car. Exige vs 30mm cannon.. hmmmm.... But still, the handling capabilities of the Exige are absolutely astounding. I'm personally more impressed with the Exige and like cars than I am with the Bugatti car. But that's just I..
They did two tests

In the first one the Apache had to try and follow the the Lotus around the track and they weren't able to get lock

In the second one the Apache came up over a hill and easily got lock

·
Registered
567 Posts
How about the Dodge Viper vs. F-16 on Ripley's Believe it or Not?

Viper lost in the 1/4 mile to the f-16 on Full Afterburners, both from a stop, by 2/10th of a second.

That's awsome.

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^ i remember seeing that. i was really pulling for the viper, just because it seemed ridiculous to me at the time. when it looked possible i was blown away - just to be disappointed. oh well.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Have you seen the Indy car vs the F16? Indy car wins it hands down.

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if a viper almost does, i would hope the indy car takes the trophy.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
No doubt. But nothing beats a Tomcat off a carrier deck. Even Top Fuel has a tough time with that one. Carrier pilots are the baddest of bad ass.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Originally posted by Ryan'sTc+Feb 3 2006, 02:23 PM-->QUOTE (Ryan'sTc @ Feb 3 2006, 02:23 PM)
What's the psi again on thoughs catpults? 150,000 psi or something?[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/cv.htm

When the engines are steady at full power, the catapult is fired , which accelerates the plane from 0 to 160 knots in under two seconds.
I think that says it all. The pressure is variable based on the takeoff weight of the aircraft.

·
Registered
801 Posts
import tuner also did a similar contest to this when they had the blitz top speed r34 skyline... they even got pulled over by a po-dunk cop in the middle of the desert (which they got out of a 213 mph ticket b/c the cop couldnt prove how fast he was going), harassed by a CARB agent & fellow import tuner reader... and still managed to beat the plane...

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Right. I'm sure it happened just like they said. They're journalists and would never take editorial license with the facts to make exciting reading.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.