Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to thank alpman for everything he did for me yesterday (and last night.)

i also, want to thank damon for staying up WAY too late to help finish everything up.

it sounds great!

·
Registered
730 Posts
NP, glad to get it all goin for you. Hope it sounds as good as you anticipated. Thanx again to D...w/o his garage and late night help, it wouldn't have gotten finished.

EDITED - NO didn't make sense

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by Alpman@Apr 17 2005, 06:46 PM
NP, glad to get it all goin for you. Hope it sounds as good as you anticipated. Thanx again to D...w/o his garage and late night help, it wouldn't have gotten finished.

EDITED - NO didn't make sense
no sweat, guys. now, if i can just get wolo's done today...

i am reminded of why i leave stereo installs to the professionals usually. i am way better (and faster) with a wrench than i am with wires and cables and iPods and all that sh!t. just hoping that when i hit the power button this afternoon, wolo's car doesnt start smoking.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
then you can be cool like that BMW/Honda/Skyline with the "smoke" but, for real.

i am sure it will work out nicely.

let me check out that iPod thing when it's all done. i like to see cool new stuff.

speaking of, i really had a good time with the sat. radio in greg's car. sorry i didn't put the channel back to the one you were listening to...

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I thought about making a separate thread and thought it might be overkill. I want to take this opportunity to publicly thank both Damon and Greg for all their efforts in getting my install done this weekend.

Damon opened his garage to me (and Mickael and Greg, for that matter) and allowed me to take the better part of two days away from his family. The sacrifice that was made in order to help me is most certainly appreciated. Greg offered his expertise and recommendations in the initial setup, and then came out to help us install the tweeters and amp before tuning the entire system for me (its amazing how much tuning is possible with this system).

Given the amount of time and energy that was involved in this, simply thanking them here seems weak in comparison. All I can do is say thank you again and reiterate that whenever either of you need my time, energy or expertise, you know its more than available.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Apr 18 2005, 12:16 PM
let me check out that iPod thing when it's all done. i like to see cool new stuff.
Its such a slick setup man.

I need to spend a month with the HU before I'll be comfortable with it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
You're quite welcome, Wolo. I hope that deck isn't too overwhelming for you. I know it's pretty bad-ass, huh. We'll have to put that alarm in soon to protect all that gear. Looking forward to it. Have fun w/ your new system.

Eric,

As soon as you hear these guys' systems, I'm sure you'll get even more motivated to sell that Celica!!! Hurry up man, what are you waiting for???

·
Registered
730 Posts
Damon-

BTW, I guess you did pretty good. You didn't let the smoke out yesterday when we powered it all up!! Thanx again for the use of your garage.

Mori-

Thanx for spelling my screen name wrong in the sub-title.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
he is. and it sounds, well, like a properly balanced alpine system should- really freakin good. only one thing left to do, and thats sink the sub into alpman's custom box when it is finished.

youre welcome, wolo. and for the record, i dont deserve much thanks. if i had been worth my salt, it would have been finished much sooner. however, when i get to finishing mine, i would imagine it will move much quicker. so, thanks to wolo for allowing me the time to learn a new skill on his tC. and more thanks to him for bringing my tC back to me from oak park in one piece. lol. and of course, nothing stereo related in my garage goes smoothly without alpman the mad scientist for input and tuning. thanks for your time, greg. as always, you demonstrate the best in people donating your time, suggestions, solutions, etc... this was certainly a team effort.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.