Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, yesterday me and my mom test drove a white, 5 speed TC. We were very impressed with the power of this car, and we love the looks of it and the way I can personalize the car.

The salesman told us he could not come down on the price $16,465, because of the dealship's deal with Scion. I have never paid sticker price for a vehicle before, the dealers have always came down. Has anyone else been told this by a dealer?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Look here. The simple answer is they are sold just like Saturns. Price is fixed, not negotiable, even for the guy selling the car, right Mori?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Trust me, its a good thing atleast in the case of Scion. Toyota is not looking to make a huge amount of money on Scions so when the price is fixed you aren't over paying and your dealings are infinitely more stress free, in my opinion.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you got a trade in, you can haggle on the trade or if you add aftermarket parts at the dealership you can haggle. But not on the base price.
I did the haggling on my trade in, they tried to screw me, but that is life.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I highly doubt it, the prices are what they are from the dealer. They usually inlude installation, but it's really a ripoff on most of the items.

HUGE SUGGESTION: buy all of your accessories online at a discount and install them yourself. Most of the accessories are really basidude. Same stuff less money. There are authorized toyota/scion parts dealers, here's a link to one that's also sponsoring this site and has had awesome service:

www.trdsparks.com

The guy that you gotta talk to is Ken, he's sooooper cool and posts on this site regularly. If you add a lot of this stuff up, you save about 1/3 of your money. It doesn't make sense not to. Anyways, good luck with your purchase.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
He sells stuff below most dealer's cost. No one can touch his prices, even with super special nice guy discounts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.