Scion tC Forums banner

Did you test drive a tC before you orderered yours, if you had to wait?

• Yes, test drove before ordering.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, ordered with no time behind the wheel.

• Didn't have to order. (Got it off the lot.)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my tC never having actually touched one, or looking at it in person. I actually sat in one last week, but wasn't allowed to drive it. Today I finally drove one. I didn't buy it instead of the one I have on order even though it has the options I want because it's Azure Pearl and I want Flint Mica.

Scott

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I did testdrive one before ordering - but it was more humiliation than exploring the car's potential before buying it - I testdrove a 5-speed, having zero experience with one. But I still bought a 5-speed

·
Registered
128 Posts
test drove the tC the DAY the dealer got the demo - which was a good thing because I was close to closing a deal on an RSX. After I drove the tC, I decided it was the way to go and just had to wait for one with the options I wanted.

So I think I test drove in late July/early August and picked it up in late August. (changing my mind from manual to automatic in that time - thanks mom
)

·
Registered
335 Posts
I just went and drove mine right off the lot. The one I bought was supposed to be their demo. They had just received it the day before and weren't supposed to sell it but my parents have bought so many cars from them they let us have it.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
ordered mine without driving one first, cause they hadnt been released yet when we started our pre-sell list here. drove an automatic a couple weeks before the first truck of them arrived with my car on it. had not driven the manual version yet. first time was as i left the lot to go home. 8800 miles ago.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I had a hell of a time finding one to test drive back in July, because there was only one dealership in the state that had any on its lot.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Dec 8 2004, 04:34 PM
I had a hell of a time finding one to test drive back in July, because there was only one dealership in the state that had any on its lot.
Hmm. You bought yours 2 weeks after I did - And I saw half a dozen auto tC's at Atlanta Toyota, and pretty much every dealer I called said that they have auto on the lot ready for testdrive.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Dec 8 2004, 06:06 PM
Hmm. You bought yours 2 weeks after I did - And I saw half a dozen auto tC's at Atlanta Toyota, and pretty much every dealer I called said that they have auto on the lot ready for testdrive.
Atlanta Toyota had two on the lot, and no other dealership had any. Every dealership I checked with had NO tCs and didn't know when they would get one that I could test-drive.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I placed my order before I test drove one. However, I didn't need to make a deposit or anything so I pitted the dealerships against each other to see who could get the car to me first.

I know its not real nice to play people like that, but one thing i've learned about major purchases... "I'm not here to make friends, this is all business".

·
Registered
542 Posts
i test drove one and almost wrecked it rear ending a moron in a camaro that had a red light but decided to turn right on red directly in front of me. plus side is i found out how well the brakes work!

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
yeah i test drove it, way back in june at Maita. if im not mistaken, where u work damon? this woman helped my gf and i. we had been shopping over a year for what car we wanted. i drove it, loved it, bought one to the first person taht could get her one and financed.. june 30th

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
We ordered ours while investigating a GTS Celica. The tC was sitting waiting for its new owner to pick it up, and I was impressed with the features I could see, then I asked the price, and it was all over except the waiting for ours to show up.

Oh yeah, my wife was mean to the salesmen...she's a diificult customer when she doesn't get what she thinks is right. mori never should have said it will be here on a set day, but I know how she is when she sets out to pin you down to a commitment. I love that about her...

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Dec 9 2004, 01:29 AM
We ordered ours while investigating a GTS Celica. The tC was sitting waiting for its new owner to pick it up, and I was impressed with the features I could see, then I asked the price, and it was all over except the waiting for ours to show up.

Oh yeah, my wife was mean to the salesmen...she's a diificult customer when she doesn't get what she thinks is right. mori never should have said it will be here on a set day, but I know how she is when she sets out to pin you down to a commitment. I love that about her...
nah, she wasnt mean. she just wanted what she wanted when she wanted it. cant say i would argue with that.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Dec 9 2004, 09:07 AM
Gotta watch out for the wife pinning you down...
damn, that door is WIDE open...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.