Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got another spammail from these guys, clicked the link (supposedly AEM intake Q&A session) and got to their photo gallery. Clicked through and saw that the car is auto. Great turbo test car

I guess that's why their dyno # were so much off from what others dyno'd...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
I could careless. I don't see how anyone can surf the web without getting any spyware. I get up to 30 Spam E-Mails a day, simply hold shift, click first spam mail to last and presto.

·
Registered
290 Posts
LOL Really kinda surprised that you guys are so shocked, I mean have these guys made anything that any of us would buy?? NO they obviousely do not know what they r doing exactly

·
Registered
614 Posts
Originally posted by J&J FlintC@Sep 29 2004, 10:20 PM
LOL Really kinda surprised that you guys are so shocked, I mean have these guys made anything that any of us would buy?? NO they obviousely do not know what they r doing exactly
i agree. i mean how many times have people here criticized their products and their test results.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by J&J FlintC@Sep 29 2004, 09:20 PM
You said it brother! LOL... well... I dont know how they expect to get any sort of respect with people knowing that. One thing I will say is... it may be easier to tune an AUTO because they hold boost until you let off the gas... but only if you're a noob. If they're making a turbo kit and can't tune it to a 5 speed... they shouldn't be making a turbo kit... maybe some ground wires or vinyl grphics would be more up their alley!

·
Registered
290 Posts
You said it brother! LOL... well... I dont know how they expect to get any sort of respect with people knowing that. One thing I will say is... it may be easier to tune an AUTO because they hold boost until you let off the gas... but only if you're a noob. If they're making a turbo kit and can't tune it to a 5 speed... they shouldn't be making a turbo kit... maybe some ground wires or vinyl grphics would be more up their alley! [/quote]
YOU SAID IT TOO!!!! Have you seen that horrible body kit?? Christ can it have more holes and scoops in the front lip??? Man I wish somebody would make a simple lip kit something tasteful like a type-R, or the RSX type-S lip kit you know something simple doesn't have to have crazy curves and scoops!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A REAL [email protected]*@*% $%(@*%( SPOILER FOR THE tC??!?!

Not one of the stupid lip mofos, and not 16-foot high behemoth, but a nice, TASTEFUL one like the RSX has? #@%)(@*%)!%)(!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The lip spoiler is fine, if you like paying $385 for something that's not noticeable. I was going to buy one -- actually had one on order -- until I saw another tC that had one, and it was basically totally unnoticeable. I went to the dealership the next day and canceled my order.

·
Registered
101 Posts
re: auto on the project car.. The east cost car is auto and the west coast car is 5spd. East coast car will have s/c soon as TRD gets one in and west coast is turbo. Building on an auto car we are safe to say parts will work on 5spd where as building on 5spd there is no telling how auto will hold up, tranny specifically.

re: lip kits, first design and only design any company has completed... if you don’t like it so be it, but there will be and are more than one currently in r&d. if you have ideas post them, lets see what you want. I’ve asked for ideas on vented hoods and fenders with little luck. Tell us what you want and we will build it.

J&J FlintC- what products have 'we' made besides the lip spoiler?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by calivortexrcr@Sep 30 2004, 10:33 PM
Tell us what you want and we will build it.
This is me suggesting that you design a spoiler that isn't a lip and isn't super-high. A nice, tasteful, inch-of-space between the spoiler and the hatch kinda deal.

·
Registered
290 Posts
This is me suggesting that you design a spoiler that isn't a lip and isn't super-high. A nice, tasteful, inch-of-space between the spoiler and the hatch kinda deal. [/quote]
Hey I was at hollywood Scion the other day and the parts manager there had a spoiler made for his tC it was maybe 2 inches high but it matched the lines of the car perfectly it looked hot!! He is having them made to sell to the public, if you want I could try and find out how much and maybe get u a pic. I personally am not interested right now because I am not borde with my lip spoiler yet

·
Registered
10 Posts
The pillar spoiler should be coming out soon i think? Not my cup 'o tea, but it definately is more noticable then the lip spoiler.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by J&J FlintC@Oct 1 2004, 11:48 AM
Hey I was at hollywood Scion the other day and the parts manager there had a spoiler made for his tC it was maybe 2 inches high but it matched the lines of the car perfectly it looked hot!! He is having them made to sell to the public, if you want I could try and find out how much and maybe get u a pic. I personally am not interested right now because I am not borde with my lip spoiler yet
I would definitely be interested in a pic, a price, and contact info! Thanks!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts