Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More Scion tC’s
It looks more and more like the Scion tC (along with the Mustang, the Evo, 350Z, and G35) will be the choice of project cars for this year’s SEMA Show. We already know of over 10 Scion tC project and image cars that will be on the stands and display floors of the Las Vegas Convention Center – that’s not counting the privately owned projects. In addition to the over-the-top Five Axis tC and the Motegi Racing tC that we scooped earlier, keep a look out for specially prepped tC’s from AEM/DC Sports, Injen, Pioneer, and Nitto.

GReddy Scion tC
The GReddy tC Project shows the versatile tuning options of the tC using basic GReddy bolt-on products – and yeah a turbo kit. This includes a GReddy EVO2 exhaust system free flowing exhaust system, GReddy Airinx air intake, GReddy strut tower bars, and GReddy engine dress-up accessories.

Most important to the growing legions of tC owners though, it is equipped with a prototype version of what may be the GReddy Scion tC turbo kit. Using a GReddy TD05H-18G turbocharger (with 400hp potential), the kit pushes the tC's 2AZ-FE engine to well over 200 hp (230 hp as equipped in the Five Axis tC) in a package that can be installed by most owners in the comfort of their own garage. In prototype form, the tC turbo kit also includes a GReddy e-manage engine management system, a stainless-steel manifold, polished aluminum piping, a GReddy Prototype Type 31V front-mounted intercooler kit, and a GReddy Type-RS blow-off valve

Nitto Tire Scion tC
Nitto chose the Scion tC for a project far because they – like a lot of people – are betting that the tC will be THE car of tuner market for the near future (in other words, the new Civic). For the tuning of their tC, they turned in house to their own Nitto-sponsored Kenny Tran and his Jotech Motorsports crew. Why not, if Kenny can develop 800+ hp from a Civic, he should have no problem getting 500 hp from a tC – and he didn’t.

Kenny and his crew cranked out an est. 500HP (est.) from a fully built 2.6 liter engine – punched out from the factory 2.4 L spec. Using AEBS iron sleeves, Arias forged pistons, a REV valvetrain, Cunningham connecting rods, and a ported and polished head the tC has kept the neighbors awake in Garland, Texas. The real punch comes from a HKS GT3240 ball bearing turbocharging system with a Full-Race turbo manifold and custom downpipe. Jotech used a custom fuel system with 720cc injectors and a Motec ignition and engine management system to make sure the power is under control. A Brink Racecraft 6-point chromoly roll cage can be found inside the car while big bad 20x8.5 Enkei Linea Sport wheels and Nitto Neo-Gen 225/30/ZR20 tires can be found outside on all four corners.

We’ve been hounding Kenny for pics, but the Nitto folks have gagged him. We’ll have to wait until the SEMA Show to show you this monster tC.[/b]
Pictures of the Greddy tC posted here:
http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/index.ph...=ST&f=13&t=1652

Origintal article here:
http://www.urbanracer.com/articles/anmviewer.asp?a=1155&z=2

·
Registered
999 Posts
Nitto chose the Scion tC for a project far because they – like a lot of people – are betting that the tC will be THE car of tuner market for the near future (in other words, the new Civic).[/b]
Haha, I don't think thats really a good thing is it?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
tC won't be a new Civic because the model will probably be carried for 2 years or so then dropped. At least I hope so

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts

This sweetazz Motegi Racing Scion tC is gonna be at SEMA also.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
^ I REALLY like to look of that body kit. It's nice and neat and not too over the top. I think it'd be cool if more and more aftermarket companies begin making parts for the tC (as they already have), because there will obviously be a demand for parts as this car gets more and more popular. It is inevitable in my opinion, simply due to basic laws of economics and supply and demand.

·
Registered
48 Posts
SO! who is going to give us SEMA coverage. man i Sooooooooo wanted to go but i just could not afford it (both money and time) cause i live here in northern virginia.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts