Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just yesterday I was at the dealership and there was a tC there getting leather in the car. It wasn't put in yet but they were scheduled to put it in. I didn't think there was an option for leather but the Toyota dealership was putting leather into the cars. It cost another 2000 bucks and seems like a bit too much for me. Anyone have leather in their tC or anyone seen it with leather?

·
Registered
422 Posts
You're right, they don't come from the factory with leather. The dealership here is having it done locally for around $1500.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I would do it, depending on the quality of the leather and comfort of the chair. Would be cool if it had a heater with it.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i do leather in all my scions for $1295. they use katzkin leather, and i havent had a single problem or complaint from anyone so far. still waiting for the first person to put leather in their tC. if it wasnt so god awful hot here i would do it in mine for sure.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Do the rear seats also get leather treatment? Or is the leather package only for the front seats.

·
Registered
999 Posts
*Bump*

Do the rear seats also get leather treatment? Or is the leather package only for the front seats.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah, I'm guessing the same too...I'd hate to see a car with leather AND cloth it in.

·
Registered
299 Posts
wow .. those leather seat pics look hot :-D im picking my tC up on monday and i also had the dealer put in leather for $1195 which is the cheapest i've read on this forum so far
so i'm happy about that. THe dealer gave me a list of options and for leather seats it included regular leather seats (which is what i got), 2-tone leather and heated leather seats. i chose the cheapest :p i can't wait to get my tC and i hope it looks as good yours
once i get my windows tinted too..it's gonna look HOT

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I saw a leather tC at my dealership, but it must have been done localy..

·
Registered
299 Posts
no i just got the regular seats.. no heating.. heating i think costs over $2k.. way out of my budget :p ... no thanks.. it doesn't get that cold in the winter around DC.... if my ass is that cold i'll just have to insulate my ass more with fried chicken HAHAHA...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had leather installed in my tC before I bought it. They sent the seats, center console and door panels up to Portland to a custom automotive shop. They used the Katskin leather. It turned out really well for $1395. It is leather on the seating surfaces with matching vinyl on the sides and back. Really wished it was ALL leather but that would have been more expensive I guess. Looks way better than cloth, much more luxurious. But if you are trying to save money by buying this car than it kinds of defeats the purpose I guess.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts