Dark Charcol Interior
4.6 ltr (281cid) 300 HP / 320 torque V8
5 speed manual tranny
Sport Interior Package
Spoiler delete option

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
yes, no matter how many people say ford sucks, i still like them. my girlfriends father just got one of these about 2 months ago. his is black with the black/red interior. i looks really cool, and i like the way these ride.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah, but what did you pay for yours vs. hers? I bet there is a significant difference.
Nice cars tho

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by viva_la_tc@Oct 6 2005, 12:24 PM
Yeah, but what did you pay for yours vs. hers? I bet there is a significant difference.
Nice cars tho
tC was 18500 incl ttl
GT was 27400 incl ttl (Xplan)

I love both cars... need a truck for my home projects and camping/muddin trips...
beater 96 tacoma 4x4 in works

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
ahhh u lucky bastard, i love the stang..u must share your impressions of it so far and be my guinea pig. its one on my list of the cars i may purchase upon graduation

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i booked out that mustang last night for a possible trade in. customer almost cried when i told him it was only worth 20K on trade.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
wow hed be an idiot to trade that in, private party sale will cover his cost. those things are in shortage here. what was he trying to get?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Ericgladden55@Oct 6 2005, 06:02 PM
ahhh u lucky bastard, i love the stang..u must share your impressions of it so far and be my guinea pig. its one on my list of the cars i may purchase upon graduation

Note: the tree across the street!

Luck, yeah, you are right... I survived 2 major hurricanes, eye walls passed withing 100 miles of my house... I ordered it in July and thought I lost her and my house... I am blessed, the house has minimal damage (NO flooding/Jefferson parish) and the car was kept at Ford until the second one passed

I gotta say, it is everything I expected...

I lucked out, I ordered the Sport interior package, I wanted the leather wrapped steering wheel but wasnt sold on the aluminum panal on the lower dash... Luckily, mine did not come with it... all black on the interior...

Impressive handling, great acceleration and comfort in the drivers seat exceeds expectations... I am impressed with this FORD... I have only owned 2 Fords in my life, my first car was a 66 i bought as a teenager (22 years ago) and this is my first new FORD!

I used the Xplan and saved... I went ahead and got the extended warranty since I plan on keeping this car for a long, long time... I sold my 66 mustang coupe and regreted it everyday...

Here is the window sticker
My Mustangs' Window Sticker

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by Ericgladden55@Oct 6 2005, 07:19 PM
wow hed be an idiot to trade that in, private party sale will cover his cost. those things are in shortage here.
call future ford and ask for an 05 mustang gt with the polished dash (sport interior) and see what he says. cause thats who i called last night for the price to give on it. its too new to book out. they said they would go 19K. and our ford store upped them to 19.5K. i told him 20 cause i am a nice guy. future said they have a bunch of them now.

still, as far as mustangs have gone in the last couple generations, this model is the bees knees. for a change i dont hate a retro-styled vehicle. i think its the best looking mustang in 30 years. and they go real fast.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
yeah thats reasonable on trade, i mean u guys have to make money on the resell. he'd be well off selling it on his own. now did u get to take it for a spin

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Plissken@Oct 6 2005, 08:12 PM
I find myself uninspired by the interior but I bet I'd get over that after pushing hard on the go pedal.
I dont know what you look for in a car...

but...

I like mine plain but very functional... everything is ez to get to from the drivers seat, I can see the clock, unlike my Tacoma Pre Runner, and ez to use...

The fit and finish is excellent...

I worried because I am not a huge ford fan especially on ford interior/quality...

I am kinda old school, this is a retro job, similar to my 66 on the inside...

I really like the interior of this car, my opinion.

I mash the gas - it goes, I stomp the brake - it stops on a dime....

Looks cool, sounds cool, e z to drive, I feel like I am 15 again, but I appreciate this more, though I have been a car fanatic since childhood...

My dads vice is now mine
... heridity

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
^^^ I'm not saying one needs to be inspired by the interior. It all looked well placed but just a bit boring. Like you said, though, you hit the gas and it goes and that is why you bought it. I'm sure its fun as hell to drive.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Plissken@Oct 7 2005, 06:54 PM
^^^ I'm not saying one needs to be inspired by the interior. It all looked well placed but just a bit boring. Like you said, though, you hit the gas and it goes and that is why you bought it. I'm sure its fun as hell to drive.
I hear ya... Go drive one, at night... The interior lights up well...

yeah, a blast to drive!!!

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
from a former classic mustang owner (66 convertible, 65 coupe), i love some of the tributes to the classics without making it a total retro car. the gauges, the shape of the dash, even the steering wheel all are nice touches for myself.

so no gremlins? how is it on gas?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gremlins? well I only have 500 miles on her...

None so far...

gas, I am getting about 20 mpg but I do a mix of city/hwy with AC on, New Orleans is still hot this time of year!

I am very pleased to date with the car!

Though I never speed

I look foward to my next road trip from New Orleans to Panama City FL

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
just remember, everytime u stab that throttle...i am super envious of you!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I live in New Orleans, Metairie (pronounced MET-AIR-EE) actually, my house made out... ANYWAY, I-10 east of the Superdome has NO ONE on the interstate...

Opened her up today
130mph with easy, smooth acceleration and she handles those long bends like a dream!!! SOUNDS good too

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.