Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was just wondering could a TC hang with a GTI 1.8T?

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Han with? Yes... beat? Not without the supercharger or some other form of F/I.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Moved.

And I played with a GTI this past weekend on the highway. Looked modded (but I don't know the guy, so can't say what's done to it under the hood). We ran pretty even from 60 to about 120, so stock tC would have been in trouble.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats pretty cool, I didnt think the TC would be able to hang with them, cuz ive heard the GTI are really quick.

·
Registered
539 Posts
zoltis supercharged???...whatchu running??...my cocky cousins with a civic hactchback 92 w/GSR motor wants to run...he ran 14.4 qtr, mile...I also run a stock tC and cant hang with him

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by Ryan'sTc@Nov 3 2005, 06:21 PM
It is possible to beat a gti 1.8t from a stop because I have done it. I beat the guy by two cars after I hit 80. Now a gti vr6 is more of a challenge. I only beat one of thoughs by a car length after about a quarter mile. It is very possible guys. Now the new gti is gona be a different story.
You didn't beat the GTi. You beat the driver.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Originally posted by irpdr+Nov 8 2005, 10:11 PM-->QUOTE (irpdr @ Nov 8 2005, 10:11 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Ryan'sTc
@Nov 3 2005, 06:21 PM
It is possible to beat a gti 1.8t from a stop because I have done it. I beat the guy by two cars after I hit 80. Now a gti vr6 is more of a challenge. I only beat one of thoughs by a car length after about a quarter mile. It is very possible guys. Now the new gti is gona be a different story.
You didn't beat the GTi. You beat the driver. [/b]
Or it was an auto!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.