Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend here in town who knows a guy that just bought a brand new GTI VR6. This guy is talking alot of crap and wants to race me. I've looked all over the internet to see if I could find a place where they have stock 1/4 mile times just to see what I am up against. I believe the VR6 has 180 hp to 200 hp and then torque is about the same. I just wanted to see what anyone thought... Do I have a chance?.. or Should I just let it go cause he'll smoke me?

thanks for reading

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
He'll beat you, but you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that your tC is much hotter looking than his car.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Yup, he's gonna rip you a new one. 40hp (25%) difference is a lot. But he paid $6K more for the GTI and it will come apart much faster than a tC.

tC with TRD SC will still cost $3K less than a GTI, and be in the same league (except for reliability
)

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
As a proud papi of a SSM tC who DIDN'T trade in his Veedub for the tC...I feel I should offer some insider info; proz and conz.........errrrrrr............conz n proz........jeje..

conz:
1. the VR6 will kick our/your arse...EASILY!!
2. if you see a rabbit logo on the rear hatch, it's an R32 and is CRAZY FAST.....BUT...fun to play with. Here's what you should do if you see the $30K rabbit logo: rev to stir the wabbit; don't even waste your time at green....the R will be gone faster than you can hit 2nd; let the R think he misunderstood your rev; kick in that vvti when they don't expect it and can't hit a good gear; then, as passing, yell " THIRTY THOUSAND FOR A RABBIT....HOW BOUT WE PUT A REAL CAR OVER THAT ENGINE/D-TRAIN AND CALL IT AN AUDI".

proz:
1. It's fast, but isn't that a Golf 1, 2, 3 and 4?
2. Can it be any more top heavy??!!
3. Did you say 'thirty thousand"? Is that 'dollars'? For a rabbit?
4. Wow...it is soooooooo fast BUT the 80's called, they want the Dodge Omni back!

sidebar: always preferred German engineering but the tC has captured that PLUS the Japanese pep...very nice blend!!!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Two co-workers have recent Jettas - both are looking for ways to get rid of their lemons. I used to be a fan of german cars, but fau-ve was not one of them... (why does everybody call them vee-double-you if V pronounced like F in German, and W like V?).

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
$30k for a RABBIT? Damn, coulda bought a good used Supra TT for that and sucked the RABBIT'S headlights out on the way by...and STILL have Toyota reliability!

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
for thirty i would save a few more dollars and get into a G35.

edit: who am i kidding? if i was to spend 12K more than i did, i would just finish building my tC and still have dollars to donate to wolo's fund. and buy sweetpea a happy meal.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Do it for the hell of it, pull towards his car to spoke him..lol. You never know maybe the guy is a bad driver. Just tell him to worry about his granny shifting and be careful you don't blow the welds on the intake manifold. j/k if it's a R32 save your engine, I raced a golf TDI and took him. VR6 hhmmm. DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

·
Registered
51 Posts
I recently got my car past 1,000 miles and decided to see how the performance wise against some other cars. It's a bone stock FM 5speed. I just ordered a K&N intake but it's not on the car yet.

my friend Brannon drives an '03 VW GTi VR6 6speed with a AEM CAI..
1st and 2nd gear were dead even (I might of had a 1-3 foot lead for a few seconds but he definately never pulled in front of me), I shifted into 3rd and he put 2 car lengths on me, hit 4th and he didn't gain anymore, he ended up winning 2 car lenghts ahead.

We raced about 3 times and the results were exactly the same (we even switched drivers). I thought my 160hp car did pretty damn good against a 210hp VR6.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Then older 5-speed VR6 Jettas should be even closer. The gears are pretty tall on them things...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.