Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im cruzin with a full load of people in my tC in Orlando, Fl, and i see this riced out RX-7 turbo complete with dual fart cans in the back and only one operational headlight. So i pull up next to him goin bout 45.. gave him props and droped it in third.. he was just waiting to race.. i pulled on him for bout 3 sec till his engine spooled and he was ahead by a car legnth when i was in the top end of fourth. Gave me a run for my money, if i had kicked out 400lbs of freind i would have had him.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Top of 4th is 100mph... on a 45mph road?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hehehe well 85. not all the way to the top

And no it was a crappy old one.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by QuadinScionTC@Sep 15 2004, 06:08 PM
hehehe well 85. not all the way to the top

And no it was a crappy old one.
Yeah, the older one are very heavy and dont have much top end. Oh yeah, and just to be picky, his engine didn't spool... its the turbo.... anyways.... good story!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Zygote55+Oct 1 2004, 05:42 PM-->QUOTE (Zygote55 @ Oct 1 2004, 05:42 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-QSJ Ed
@Sep 15 2004, 06:37 AM
Obviously not a 3rd gen RX-7...
I doubt it was even an RX7. [/b]
Im not stupid. I know my cars. It was a late 80's turbo II RX-7.

Just like this POS. lol.

·
Registered
936 Posts
for real.......NO way you beat a ------>REAL<------- Turbo II........sorry man, im sure it was an RX-7 just not a Turbo II
- t

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had an '86 Rx-7 5speed(no turbo) and it was no powerhouse, about 140hp. It was about 200lbs lighter than the tC so would have been a good match-up. The turbo Rx would have eaten the tC for lunch regardless I'm afraid.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Umm yea he did eat me for lunch, but i would like to have raced him with noone in the car.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Originally posted by QSJ Ed@Sep 15 2004, 06:37 AM
Obviously not a 3rd gen RX-7...
The third gen rx-7 was a high boost rotary engine. That said it was prone to apex seal failure. One of my good friends got one as a hand me down and it sucks. The apex seals are almost gone and that thing took almost nine seconds to get to sixty. They are great if you can keep up with repairs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts