Scion tC Forums banner

tc vs. tsx (not rsx)

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Shark_bite 
#1 ·
ok ive been looking at the tc for a while now, and just this weekend i went to the scion dealer to start finalizing my tc. I went with my mom, we have an acura MDX and we were getting it serviced.

we got a loaner car just for the day and it happened to be a tsx. (the tsx is the sporty sedan) the car was smooth and fun. it was also very luxurious. anyways we liked the car, and we discovered for 24k we can buy that loaner car. it has 6000 miles on it, but that is from a year or so of driving peeps around while they get there car fixed. the car is clean and nice.

i was wondering if i should get the tsx over the tc. the tsx is 30k normally so it is a good deal. it still is 5000 more then my tc but that may or may not be worth it. the tsx is a critic fave, but i still like the scion also.

what do you all think? thx for the help

#2 ·
unless im gonna be driving it too, thats all ur decision. my experience with the tsx was that it was a snooze fest. being a honda fan i was eagerly anticpating the drive, but when i drove it, i was somewhat disappointed. smoother powerband than the rsx but none of the rawness of the k20, the k24a has a more sophisticated feel and not what i enjoyed. compared to the Tc the TSX felt sluggish, even though magazine times have been somewhat similar between the two. i dont need leatherette or navigation in my cars so if i ever bought a TSX itd be for the potential mods that are out there, and itd have to be pretty darn cheap to compete with the options in the market.
Pros:smooth engine, luxury feel, potential mods, resale value, four doors, nice interior
Cons: lack of fun factor (i drove it at a track so i did get to toss it around), price, "premium" fuel for "regular" fun, body roll, four doors lol

#3 ·
Why not comparison shop tC with an H3 or a grand marquis then? If you need 4 doors you shop for a sedan, if you need a coupe - you don't shop for a sedan.

And $10K difference over 5 years of paying interest means $1600 given to a bank. Resale of the tC and TSX is pretty similar (percentage wise), but since TSX is more expensive you lose more actual $$$.

#6 ·
Get the tC, I wouldn't recommend buying a used car unless you are okay with it. Isn't the TSX just a really nice Accord EX (I4)? If you are going to get the TSX then get a brand new one.

Like zoltiz said, if you are shopping for a sedan, don't bother looking at the tC .

#7 ·
Originally posted by UpInSmoke23@Jul 18 2005, 08:55 AM
I like the TSX and all but its boring. Get the TC. If your gonna get an acura then by the 2005-2006Acura TL. Now thats a hot car with mad power and speed. Luxury and Speed for $40,000+. But hey, who cares. Pz out
Agreed. If you get a TSX you'll always kick yourself for not getting a TL... TL's are... nice. Regardless I love my tC!

#8 ·
just so you know, ive driven a tl also and it was only ok. but anyways im prob getting a tc anyways thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.