Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TC is bone stock plus 100lb system
the Teg has Intake, Exhaust, and Pulley and his system weighs probably 50lbs
first time we race I only had 700 miles on my car ( I raced early because we expected to have the Teg turbo soon)
he took off on me and I didnt pull pass him til 4th gear
I just raced him again last week, now with 2400miles on the car. I took off on him(now that I got use to my car) and all I can do is look back to make sure he is still there LoL
(only a car length but you know what I meant)
I beat him 6times and a 99prelude a 3 car race =oP
the for fun i raced my brother's prelude a JDM Type S motor...haha lets just say his tail light looked nice that night

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i didnt even want to race because I raced in my brothers car before, beating GTs camero and what not. but I had my fun for the night beating Hondas hahaha I was a bit surprise in beating the 99lude though 200hp losing to a 160hp weighing at 2900lb. preludes dont weigh that much more

·
Registered
51 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@May 18 2005, 08:26 PM
preludes are lighter than the tC, and a decent driver in a prelude would have killed you.
01+ preludes are actually about 100lbs heavier then the tc, not geared as well, and have much less torque.. unless the prelude is modded it's not going to beat a tC.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Originally posted by DoubleJ16@May 19 2005, 04:34 AM
01+ preludes are actually about 100lbs heavier then the tc, not geared as well, and have much less torque.. unless the prelude is modded it's not going to beat a tC.
Somebody hasn't been reading up on his HP vs Torque threads.

·
Registered
272 Posts
theres no such thing as a 01+ lude...they stopped production in 01. the 97-01 preludes however did have the H22 with 200hp but also weighed 3042lbs. shouldve been able to beight you but if the lude is auto or ur friend cant drive its also within reach of a tc. what year is your bro's lude?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my friends teg is an LS, and the lude I have no clue who he is but it was an manual. had 2 guys in it and a big ass system, 2 15s maybe that slowed him down? but they switched drivers for 2 races and the other guy was a better driver, yet i still beat them. (they were air force men)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ls/vtec is nice. but he going ls turbo, its cheaper. I raced that prelude again...he scared now becaue he was hesitant of racing me. of course I whoooped him again.

·
Registered
130 Posts
a stock integra ls does a 0-60 in 7.4 and 1/4 @ 15.9 according to car and driver magazine and being the owner of one I can verify that. Having a tc beat one is almost surprising, the tc may be 20 hp more but the integra is also 200 lbs heavier.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
^^^ see "got torque who cares"

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.