1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
NA's without a turbo kit are slow. Period. I'd take a tC over an NA Supra any day.

·
Registered
539 Posts
wow I didnt know tC's are slower then supras...hrmmmm...

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Originally posted by bLAziN_ChEnGy@Oct 31 2005, 07:36 PM
what the ####?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Originally posted by ALaS+Oct 31 2005, 10:15 PM-->QUOTE (ALaS @ Oct 31 2005, 10:15 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-bLAziN_ChEnGy
@Oct 31 2005, 07:36 PM
what the ####? [/b]
lol DUHH supras are faster...that is the tt 320 bhp supras and the mkIII turbos...u thought i was serious...lolz

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
A stock MkIIIT isn't very quick or fast. 225 hp for the turbo and heavy as a lead brick. Not much of a sportscar straight off the showroom floor.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
haha yeah i kinda did. lol when will my damn shortshifter ARRIVE!!!!????? grr

·
Registered
18 Posts
haha my friend owns a 89 supra and he wanted to race, he had that turbo in it and it beat me by like... a lot of car lengths ahah.. i had a good launch though, i was ahead by 1 almost 2 car lengths but then he started comin up..

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Oct 31 2005, 11:36 PM
A stock MkIIIT isn't very quick or fast. 225 hp for the turbo and heavy as a lead brick. Not much of a sportscar straight off the showroom floor.
My cousin owns a 97 TT supra...and it's fast as hell, at least compared to what I drive

Lance, do you know approximately how much whp a TT 97 supra six speed with intake, test pipe, exhaust, and boost controller puts out? Not exactly sure how much boost it can run, but say....15 psi?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Intakes are worthless on TT Supras. Downpipe, boost controller, and exhaust at 15 psi should make about 320 - 330 at the wheels. 18 psi puts you into the 340 - 350 range. To really make power, you need to ditch the OEM twins. The best power I've seen on OEM twins was just under 450 at the wheels. It is not easy to get there, but it is very easy to get 350 - 375 with just a few mods. It is also a car that responds very well to a fuel controller, it goes way too rich on top in stock form.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Is it better to run lean or rich? I know what rich and lean means but which is worse for a car?

-Eric

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Better rich than lean. Lean is death, rich is just lots of black smoke and low power.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
What year are the 2.5 twin turbo ....hmm theones with the lights that pop up. I don't know much about older supras..anywho I tried to race one..yeah..not happening.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
AFAIK there were no US spec 2.5 turbos. They were all J-spec only. The MkIII had a 3.0 liter inline 6 (7M-GE and 7M-GTE). The 2.5 liters were 1JZ engines, not 2JZ, and the 2JZ showed up in the US in the MkIV Supra (and the Lexus GS300, and Lexus IS300). However, not all 2JZ engines were built the same. Even the 2JZ-GEs had differences between platforms.

It is possible to import a 1JZ engine and put it in a MkIII Supra, but they didn't come to the US that way.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I see..It might have read 2.5 Liter Turbo. It was dark and maybe a few weeks back. I jsut remember is sounded sweet. Out of all the supras I have seen, only 2 of them were turbo'd or maybe 3..one of them was far away. and the 2 that I know taht were turbo'd for sure were older generations. Pup up eye head lights. Sound's so nice though. Yeah..i Tried racing..he wasn't even paying attention to me and beating me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.