Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the 98 TT Supra is no joke. but i am not telling you anything you dont already know, of course. guy must have had a 5" pipe in that damn thing - and i have never had so much fun getting my ass kicked. we were slipping in and out of holes in the traffic. back and forth, around people, me in front, him in front one lane over, me around the outside and in front two lanes to the right, him right behind me and then beside me and then in front, etc... when you are held to a max speed of 55, with short bursts to 70 because traffic dictates it, the tC stacks up quite nicely against the supra. but i knew what was coming. and so do you. it opened up and we found a hole, and i didnt even bother. i know better. i would have been stomped like a narc at a biker rally. so i let him show me what he needed to show me. what it looks like to have 4billion horsepower at your command.

now i love my car. those of you who are new here may not know just how much. but it is just short of obsession - just ask my wife. and as much as i love it, i happily kneel and worship the supra. especially a well built supra.

supra : 1
tC : 0

·
Registered
130 Posts
come to atlanta, i know one motorsports shop thats got 7 supra's built to over 500whp. : ) their crazyh destroyed me on the highway not even funny.

but a n/a supra = not so fast at all.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
N/a supras are too heavy to be fast. But yeah, they're also pretty easy to build up to 500whp. I TWIN TURBOs can do alot for power... Anyways, sounds like a good time.

·
Registered
290 Posts
just plain fun to get out there with somebody that has a car like that and knows how to drive, I was acting out that same scenario in traffic with s Z06 vette and once a lane opened up he broke out the whooping stick!!! All I could do is grin as he disappeared

·
Registered
414 Posts
Haha, Sounds like my drive lastnight on the thru way. I was in the middle lane and a newer pontiac firebird, and riced out probe(if thats possible?)
passed me on the left, i dropped it into fourth and got behind them and flew by them on the right, the probe moved behind me, and the Firebird stayed in the left lane, He got cought behind trafic a little on the left and moved behind me, i shot over to the right lane and got quite a bit of distance on them.... Didnt see the probe again....the Firebird cought up to me cuz i slowed down, then got dead even with me in the left lane, i was in the middle behind some car. I moved over to the right and hit the gas, in 4th....... i left him behind by about 4 car legnths, and only got up to about 90.....Im sure he had an automatic though because he couldnt keep up with me when i hit the gas at about 60 in 4th. I slowed down back to cruising speed and gave him a wave out my window as he passed me on the left
........TC ROCKS!

Im sure both the probe and T bird were both 6 cyl. Right? How many horses do they have?... would they beat us from a stop?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Eric, I ordered 2 site Stickers sometime last week, how long before they come?!?!?!? Thanks

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Originally posted by J&J flinTc@Sep 4 2004, 09:58 PM
just plain fun to get out there with somebody that has a car like that and knows how to drive, I was acting out that same scenario in traffic with s Z06 vette and once a lane opened up he broke out the whooping stick!!! All I could do is grin as he disappeared
You played tag with a Z06.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Sep 6 2004, 10:59 PM
You played tag with a Z06.
Well yeah as long as there was traffic to keep the playing field even. Once we ran out of traffic the game was over

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^

no sweat. oh, and i have a safe driver discount. hmm.. ??

·
Registered
1 Posts
me and my friend have a tc with intake and exhaust...i have my baby( my old 94 Probe Gt) and that thing destroys the scion everytime we race it. I like the scion and love it for the everday driver but when it comes to balls it just lacks sometimes. Cool Car and can beat civics all day.

·
Former '05er
12,466 Posts
Yeah, I don't think I need to say anything about Supras.

I know about AAP. In fact, I know a lot about AAP and why they are the Supra power broker in Atlanta.

Still, I'd put my tC up against my Dawg on a tight road, and I bet I could drive away from myself in the tC as long as there aren't any significant straights. Like CA 193 from Placerville to Chili Bar, or CA 49 from Auburn to Cool. Salmon Falls road used to be fun, but there are too many houses out there now. Anyway, the way I have my tC setup now, it would be hard for the Supra to keep up unless it was all about power. Then there's no chance at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts