Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im a bit frustrated becuase i keep getting red lights. So i get to the next one and gun it. I look in my rearview and i see a silver car keepin up behind me. So again the light turns red and he pulls next to me. It was a silver si, like a 2003, with a guy that look about late 20's early 30's. Anyways, he looks at me and i look at him and we nod. So the light turns green and we both took off. Initially i jumped about half a car in front of him and by the end of 1st he was at my bumber. By third gear he was about still at my bumber and slowly falling further back. But then i realized things were getting a bit fast ( i hit about 70 ), and there was another light comin up, so i slowed down and the guy kept goin right by me, even though there was traffice like 50 feet ahead. So it was good kill but it goes to show you that not all teenagers ( im 16 ) are as recklass as the majority. Actually i expected a bit more maturity from the other guy, but oh well. It was fun.

·
Registered
539 Posts
good kill there, I have always beaten si's also, even the 1999-00 ones especially off a dig...stock manual tC here...

·
Registered
370 Posts
yeah the buzz is currently concerning the 2006 Si... and... I'm sorry I don't want to offend you but I'm 17.. and I think street racing alone, even when you know when to slow down, isn't very mature or safe.

Edit: Indirectly, I'm trying to say that it doesn't make the rest of us teenagers look good.. Not trying to offend you just saying that you shouldn't have raced him in the first place, at least not on a public road.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, as a response to the " shoudn't race", your opionons are welcomed. I know i shoudnt race. Alot of people have trashed their cars or worse, hurt other people. This was my first real "race" and I woudn't of done it have i found anything that could have been potentially bad ( although racing in itself is potentially dangerous.) And no i didnt see any aftermarket mods.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by EddieMoney@Dec 5 2005, 12:38 PM
It is amazing what a blow out or wicked bump at 80 mph plus will teach you...
Or what you'll learn after gettin hit by a drunk driver. I had my car for a week and i got hit by a DUI and the guy took off ( hit and run ) so ever since then ive kept my eyes MUCH more open, and driven much more careful.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Your eyes open at the widest at night couldn't see a "wicket bump" at 80 mph plus.

anyway, good kill, just becareful.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
^^^ He is right. I think most of us have done it, but it's stupid. Be careful and try to make good decisions.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
why are we back to this? people flocking to the racing forum to tell people its not safe to street race. i am going to start spending time in the off topic section telling people they arent posting anything about the tC, so i have to close all the threads. and when someone says, " wait, thats what this forum is for. if you want to be on topic about the tC, go to the tC talk forum."

right.

now, dont go start a war over this post. just accept the logic. because, well, it is flawless.

good kill.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Dec 6 2005, 10:21 AM
why are we back to this? people flocking to the racing forum to tell people its not safe to street race. i am going to start spending time in the off topic section telling people they arent posting anything about the tC, so i have to close all the threads. and when someone says, " wait, thats what this forum is for. if you want to be on topic about the tC, go to the tC talk forum."

right.

now, dont go start a war over this post. just accept the logic. because, well, it is flawless.

good kill.
THANK YOU! LOL

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ lol. i RACE pandas, i am not a panda who races.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Dec 6 2005, 11:21 AM

right.

good kill.
Again, Damon, you're my hero.
I was gonna make the same comment after the third post in this thread, but wasn't in the mood for the endless bashing.

...badger!

·
Registered
370 Posts
lol Sorry I wouldn't have said anything if the original poster didn't say what he did wasn't being reckless, because a lot of people post in here about street racing but they don't say that it isn't reckless...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.