Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo im on my way to my friends dorm when an RSX pulls up next to me..its about 12 at night, so no cops are around..hes had an aftermarket fart can exhaust..gives me the eye so i agree..the light turns green, and i launch at 3200 RPM..both our cars launch and we're off..we're both pulling slamming through the gears..he keeps up for a lil bit until i slam into 3rd gear..the VVTi kicks in and i pull HARD..i dust him til the next light, a little more then a 1/4 mile..he turns at the light probably embarrassed since he was the one who provoked the race..really fun, i thought i was gonna get smoked..turns out it happened the other way..

oh yah, and HELL NAH it wasnt a type-s..if that was the case, i woulda been in his rear view after about 5 seconds..

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by Beantowntc@Jan 13 2005, 09:07 AM
nice kill, although ive never actually felt vvti "kick in".
Hehe... Nobody can feel it kickin - look at tC's hp/torque curves - there are no spikes. The "vvti kicked in and I blew everybody's doors off" comes from civic/vtec world where there is an actual spike in HP at certain RPMs.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz+Jan 13 2005, 07:30 AM-->QUOTE (zoltiz @ Jan 13 2005, 07:30 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Beantowntc
@Jan 13 2005, 09:07 AM
nice kill, although ive never actually felt vvti "kick in".
Hehe... Nobody can feel it kickin - look at tC's hp/torque curves - there are no spikes. The "vvti kicked in and I blew everybody's doors off" comes from civic/vtec world where there is an actual spike in HP at certain RPMs. [/b]
I wouldn't say a spike but around 4,000 rpm's I notice a smooth powerfull pull.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good kill... I use to own a 5-speed RSX and it was alright. IMO the TC pulls harder than the base. But I've raced my friend's Type-S and it was no challenge. I got him at the beginning but the glory only lasted a couple of seconds
until he passed me and never looked back.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
nice to know that i can take one of those things..
lolotc, thats because hes got more HP and can accelerate for longer, while you can accelerate more, but for a shorter time

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
come april, the type-s can roll up on me anytime.

·
Registered
658 Posts
nice to know that i can take one of those things..
lolotc, thats because hes got more HP and can accelerate for longer, while you can accelerate more, but for a shorter time[/b]
I was just about to say that but I prefer the tC more then teh RSX. I'd like to have car that accelerates faster in short amount of time then in long. it feels like the car is going faster, but actualy is not :<. but then again i love my tC just got it 2 days ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i ran into another RSX last nite headed home from a movie... i followed a little behind on the next lane over and i could kinda tell he wanted to race cause his boyz in the back seat kept looking at me n the fact that he had his hazards on:p ...
we raced three times...
1)i was pacing behind him to see if he would pull on me, he tried but couldn't so i pulled up right next to him and slowed down
2)next time we were side-by-side and started a 70 mph roll at 4th gear (should've stuck in 3rd instead) he slowly pulled on me until i shut down cause i almost redlined my 5th gear
3)my front was at least by his bumper on the next lane over and he had switch his hazards again but this time on 3rd gear and went....pulled up a bit in front of him until hitting 5th and then shut down.

while the RSX and I were shutting down pacing beside each other cause i wanted to acknowledge him with a thumbs up before i got to my exit...some ###### in a black lancer OZ pulled a ricer fly by and cut my ass off
...we passed him during our second race and he was trying to keep up since but left him behind. before anyone flames...yes this was a type-s and was carrying a full load (four them all together) seemed about right.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by RSX@Jan 22 2005, 11:17 PM
^^^You want to run me? Where are you located? I have a base rsx 5spd. I've been a fan of the tC since it came out
sweet. the first challenge in my humble little racing forum.

i am in sacramento. feel free to drop by.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i owned a 5-speed rsx. i gave that to my sis since she wanted it sooo bad but couldn't get approved for one and i took the tc instead to save some cash. i did a couple of runs when i had both tc and rsx in my garage. i had my good friend drive my rsx and i drove my tc. from a dig i pretty much took it off the line and stayed ahead. we switched cars and did 2 runs. my friend pretty much took it from the start with my tc and shut down around 80'ish with me right at his rear bumper. keep in mind my rsx has only a cai and exhaust while my tc engine is stock. i could have launched better with the rsx but after driving my tc for a while...it kinda feels different.
other than that i like both cars... had a lotta fun with the rsx because people would always try to race me
but with the tc....people just stare but not race

i guess that a good thing if you don't like that kinda stuff

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Weird...I have people trying to race me all the freakin' time since I got my tC...and it's annoying as hell.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.