Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm on the way to my girl's house, on a residential street w/ a few lights. Speed limit is 30, but whatever. So as I'm cruisin around 40, I see this baby blue "custom" two door accord (early 90's I think, it was debadged, of course) bouncing around on either lowered or cut springs, and what looked like 18" white rims. Of course the car sounded like my lawn mower b/c of those exhaust systems that you can buy at a mall stand. It just so ends up that we both pull up to a red light next to each other with no cars in front of us. He gives me a look, I rev the engine just a bit, the light changes and off we go. I squeal in first for a split second, chirp in 2nd (I already had him a car's lenght behind), go in third, and I got a nice glimpse of him in my rear view mirror when I reached 60 and backed down. He didn't catch up, and turned off on a side street. Man, this was the first time in my life that I raced anyboy, and lemme tell ya, it felt friggin awesome to win. I'm not sure what he was packin under the hood, probably not much at all, so I don't know how much of an even race this was, but a race is a race and I kicked his ass. Damn, I love my car.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
2 weeks ago you were frustrated about 5-speed and today you are chirping second

Kick ass!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, bud. It felt great!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Grats on your win, hun! Wish I could have seen it...

We have WAY too many of those Accords around here and I love seeing 'em get shot down.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I can't wait to take on a riced out Honda!!! Ohhhh I can't wait!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on my way to school today, I pulled up to a civic, that had two toned paint job with green and yellow, w/ yellow rims, ricey spoiler and muffler. We both pulled up to a light, I revved my engine a bit and looked over, the dude looked at me, then looked away, pretending that he didn't even notice. Once light changed, I sped away a bit quickly, he didn't even try to race.....guess he gave up before it even started.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
He didn't want none of that.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Hey now guys, I had a 94 Accord EX and it had over 230 Horseys. It was a sleeper though so I guess you guys aren't talking to me....

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The '04 Accord V6 has 240 HP and is still a tenth of a second slower in the quarter mile than the tC, according to C&D and Edmunds.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by goldenchild@Nov 9 2004, 09:25 AM
Hey now guys, I had a 94 Accord EX and it had over 230 Horseys. It was a sleeper though so I guess you guys aren't talking to me....
Did they make em in V6 back then or did you FI it?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Nov 9 2004, 09:28 AM
The '04 Accord V6 has 240 HP and is still a tenth of a second slower in the quarter mile than the tC, according to C&D and Edmunds.
C&D and Edmunds are not the real authority. Look for Accord forums and scans of timeslips - they are posting some decent times. But still... SC'd tC will be cheaper than V6 M6 Accord Coupe, and will blow both doors off it.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz+Nov 9 2004, 06:29 AM-->QUOTE (zoltiz @ Nov 9 2004, 06:29 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-basilisk4
@Nov 9 2004, 09:28 AM
C&D and Edmunds are not the real authority. Look for Accord forums and scans of timeslips - they are posting some decent times. But still... SC'd tC will be cheaper than V6 M6 Accord Coupe, and will blow both doors off it. [/b]
I drove a 94 Honda Accord 4-Door EX turbo charged. It was a very quick car. Beat me quite a few cars with it, til the H22 went on me.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
And besides, I'm wrong. Now, C&D says that the 6-speed manual V6 '04 Accord Coupe does the quarter mile in 14.5 sec. I didn't see anything like that when I was looking at the Accord Coupe, though. Ah well, I still like the tC loads better.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Originally posted by whosthatrussian@Sep 20 2004, 08:44 AM
Man, this was the first time in my life that I raced anyboy, and lemme tell ya, it felt friggin awesome to win. I'm not sure what he was packin under the hood, probably not much at all, so I don't know how much of an even race this was, but a race is a race and I kicked his ass. Damn, I love my car.
Oh No! We've created a monster!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Loads better - as in $10K better? Learned a new slang expression today
$10K is "loads" in lawyerspeak
j/k

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Nov 9 2004, 06:28 AM
I just looked at Car and Driver:

2004 Accord Coupe EX-V6 6MT 1/4 is 14.5
2004 Accord Sedan EX-V6 5AT 1/4 is 15.5
2005 tC 5MT 1/4 is 15.7

definitely not a tenth of a second slower...

Accord
http://caranddriver.com/article.asp?sectio...1&page_number=1

tC
http://caranddriver.com/article.asp?sectio...8&page_number=2

1 - 19 of 19 Posts