Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting at a red light on the way to work today, guy pulls up in his Nissan Sentra SE-R. My lane merges to his not far ahead. I figured I'd do a slightly faster than normal start and take the lane. Of course the light turns green and he's gunning it all the way. I opened it up, the tires peel a little but maintain traction, I'm instantly past him, chirp second, and by the time I'm in third he's long gone. tC wins, no contest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,302 Posts
sweeeet. nice kill, Ed. What year was the sentra? (approximately)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,586 Posts
Couldn't have been very old, since I believe they've only been making the SE-R for a couple years...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,302 Posts
when you shift from 1st gear into 2nd, if you rev the engine above the "rpm meeting" range between gears, your tires will spin a bit, making a chirping sound.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
That's funny, because my fiance has a red '04 se-r. I can't wait to tell her.

Wait, was this a red se-r you raced.....?? haha

late
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by whosthatrussian@Sep 21 2004, 01:00 PM
when you shift from 1st gear into 2nd, if you rev the engine above the "rpm meeting" range between gears, your tires will spin a bit, making a chirping sound.
Man, I'm gone for a few days and now you're a manual transmission pro... well explained.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
I wanted to race one the other day... but it was a college girl behind the wheel... i am sure her daddy paid for the car and she was blissfuly unawares....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
Well... SE-R can be an automatic - then 5-speed tC will eat it for lunch, but 6-speed Spec-V will eat the tC for lunch without even trying too hard...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,586 Posts
How so? The Spec-V has 175 HP (+15) and 180 ft-lb of torque (+17), but it also weighs 650 lbs. more. Edmunds.com's tests produced a 0-60 time of 7.5 seconds, which is 0.1 seconds different from what I've seen quoted for the tC in numerous places...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by Edmunds.com
SE-R Spec-V: Curb Weight: 2710 lbs
tC: Curb Weight: 2905 lbs.
Eh...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,586 Posts
Oops...curb weight vs. gross weight. At any rate, Edmunds still lists the Spec-V as having a 7.5 sec 0-60. Even if they're a tiny bit off, no way would the Spec-V "eat the tC for lunch"...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,302 Posts
Originally posted by QSJ Ed+Oct 4 2004, 11:49 AM-->QUOTE (QSJ Ed @ Oct 4 2004, 11:49 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-whosthatrussian
@Sep 21 2004, 01:00 PM
when you shift from 1st gear into 2nd, if you rev the engine above the "rpm meeting" range between gears, your tires will spin a bit, making a chirping sound.
Man, I'm gone for a few days and now you're a manual transmission pro... well explained. [/b]
hehe, what can I say, I learn quickly. :c)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
you guys are funny
you dont hold a candle to a real SE-R

anyone in the DFW, TX area with a TC wanna talk?

im ready when you are


95 SE-R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,425 Posts
^^^ oh no dude, theres a difference between se-rs?? like there are some out there that are real and some are fake? oh no, i hope my freind doesnt have a fake one!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
Originally posted by QuadinScionTC@Nov 6 2004, 03:09 PM
^^^ oh no dude, theres a difference between se-rs?? like there are some out there that are real and some are fake? oh no, i hope my freind doesnt have a fake one!!!!
lol

tho, about the "race"... absolutely possible, that the guy on se-r didn't really race for the lane. it's been already mentioned before on this forum - the biggest problem with street racing is that in many-many cases only one of the parties is actually racing...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Originally posted by QSJ Ed@Sep 21 2004, 06:34 AM
Waiting at a red light on the way to work today, guy pulls up in his Nissan Sentra SE-R. My lane merges to his not far ahead. I figured I'd do a slightly faster than normal start and take the lane. Of course the light turns green and he's gunning it all the way. I opened it up, the tires peel a little but maintain traction, I'm instantly past him, chirp second, and by the time I'm in third he's long gone. tC wins, no contest.
Lets be for real a stock TC or w/ intake is not faster than a Spec V. TC are nice looking though and will be nice once you get some performance aftermarket support. The car is just kinda heavy though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
the se-r has been around since 1991... left in 99 and came back a year later.. the reason the newer sentra se-rs(4 door) arent considered se-rs is because they arent.. lol.. real se-rs are 91-94 sentra se-r, its a two door with a sr20de, and also 95-97 200sx se-r.. those also have the sr20de, they are as quick stock as the tc.. my nx had an sr20 and shared the same chassis as the se-r(b13) watch out for some of em.. there is a lot of turbo se-rs, they are QUICK, radioaktiv is right, REAL se-rs are quick... i ran 15.8 with my nx and i had crappy ass tires, two different types of tires to add on top and i was stock.. 140hp with a decent weight car was kinda quick heheheeh
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top