Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that has a 2006 Civic Si wich have K20's in them puting out 197 Hp (dont know the TQ). After work he caught up to me after i had left and pulled up next to me at a light. He rolled down his window and said something about work. I was like oh yea glanced at the light he just shook his head and it was on. We didnt do a hard launch we just chirped 2nd and to tell you the truth wasnt to impressed. This is supose to destroy us i am not to sure about that. Beat us yes destroy us hell no. By the time we stoped i was only a Car and a Quater behind. He was like damn that car pulls better then i thought i just smiled and told him that yea thats toyota for you
. He was like you know i can beat you i was like well i hope so puting out that much power you better but i know his days of happiness beating this tC is almost over i got something comeing that will surprise every body. (well at least those ricers around here not you guys.)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Once the light turned green, your suppose to smoke him. Scion has a way better torque then SI does.

Scion TC torque - 163
Civic SI torque - 137

I raced one of my cuzin who has the new SI and after the green light, i smoked him. but once we starting hiting around 55 mph, that SI just took me.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by th3kill3r@Jan 29 2006, 08:42 AM
Once the light turned green, your suppose to smoke him. Scion has a way better torque then SI does.

Scion TC torque - 163
Civic SI torque - 137
comparing torque across different models of cars is useless.

i cant wait to find an Si on the road with a willing driver. i havent seen one in person at all. went to look at one at the local dealer, they dont have one. not sure when they are going to get another one. tried to talk me into an EX.
gave them my number to call me when an Si gets in, and i hope they do.

way to hang with the new bully in town, blue.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Tuner mags and magazines are pretty worthless in comparisons. It takes two drivers who are very competent with their respective cars for a proper comparison.

Like The RSX guy said, they're very close in the straightline and it's really a drivers race. Like, really.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like i said it wasnt balls to the wall out race we were just fing around. It was on an AFB so we didnt really race that much probably just till like 50 to 60 and we didnt rev or launch but we are going to line them up to really see what happens.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
they wont even let you pre order them at our local dealer. first come first serve. no deposits, but also - NO DEALER PACK. some places are adding 4g's worth of gear, and a 3g pack on top, and selling the Si for....

28K.

f that. i start thinking TT supra at that price.

·
Registered
539 Posts
tC and 06 si should be side by side at launch, that is til the tC has to switch gears at 30mph and the 06 si goes zooming away.....Its just the truth with equal drivers.....

I get beat like that by my cousins stock type-R integra....tC's gear ratios are too short..If youre not pushing out mad whp's, youll get passed by.....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.