Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well I know how the g6 was compaired to the tC simply by looks and things of that nature. Well now that i'm a detailer at a Pontiac GMC Volvo dealer, I have been driving a lot of g6s. Infact I drove about 16 of them today. So here is my upchuck after the fact.

First, on exterior styling and general appeal based on looks.....

The tC is definitely more unique looking as far as compairing it to everything else on the road. The g6 is actually not that different from the grand am that it has replaced. The g6s wheels are all usually chrome which does not fit the car if they're trying to appeal to the "tuner" market and the headlights are taken right off the grand prix... too large for the front end of a "sports coupe". Now, keep in mind that so far all the g6s are 4 doors, but still... the looks of the tC have the g6 by a long shot!

Next, Interior styling and fit and finish, and other goodies

The G6's interior is nothing to write home about. The gauges are outlined in chrome which looks nice, and they light up a nice mellow red as opposed to the far to common "amber" color we find in the tC. The radio is nice, not as nice as the tC, but it seems to respond better, and the volume is a dial not up and down buttons which I find to be much more convenient. BUT, the seats are very hard, and are plane. Even the leather option is nothing all the special. The tC has the out side temp gauge, along with the radio cover and the metal buttons which to me gives it the feel of a car that should be much more expensive. The tC also has a lot more interior room, along with more cubby holes and things like that while the g6 leaves me wanting more places to put "stuff". Once again the tC takes the cake!

Now for engine/tranny

The auto is all they have out now for the G6, which responds nicely but just like any other pontiac auto, seems to pull timing alot during shifts which makes it rather porky. BUT, the v6 power house in the g6 does offer a bit more power and definitely more top end power over the tC. About the same here...

Now for price and options...

The tC is about 6k dollars less base price than the g6. The g6 starts at 21,498 with EVERYTHING an option. The sun roof package is another 900 and the leather along with the "premium sound and 6 disc changer" is around $2000 more. To put it simply a comporably equiped g6 to the tC would sticker around $25000, thats a HUGE difference. So once again the tC gets the gold.

All in all the G6 is just another car on the road, looks decent, has some power, and will probably sell pretty well, but I'd say that for the price we paid, we got 10X more car with out tCs.

Rob

·
Registered
614 Posts
i still have yet to see one on the road. then again, maybe i have but because it is nothing special and so plain i didn't even notice it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm not sure I'd want to pay that much for that car, however I still think it's nice.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Kwiksilver@Oct 8 2004, 07:41 PM
i still have yet to see one on the road. then again, maybe i have but because it is nothing special and so plain i didn't even notice it.
They are plain looking... just another cookie cutter car from pontiac...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hey Rob, its greg, how u been havent contacted you in a while, do u have a AIM name or something??? i was at the dealer yesterday to get a couple oil filters, he said they have been selling a ton, we still gotta meet up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts