Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pretty new to this website...pretty good from what i see!!!

Anyways my friend has a mazda 6 (V6 auto) and kept pushing me to see how my tc could keep up. I didn't want to since it was pretty new and we've played cat and mouse on the freeway a couple times. I wanted to shut him up already so we lined up at an open road 2 am in the morning. One other person in my car and no one with him. My friend counted it down from 3 and we were off...

...i launched a little under 3k and went through the first two gears. I took a look at my side mirror right before i redlined third gear and saw that i was completely ahead of him maybe about 3 cars. it was funny because he had nothing to say after that and i just played it cool
and didn't say s*** because i already know it hurt because he payed almost $30k
for his 6!!!

PS- also raced a mazda 3 (stick) from a stop and beat him...not by much though but more than a car length!!!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
sweet kill, sweet kill

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I've personally lost to an auto 6...on the other hand, we were both moving when the race started, so it's not that surprising. I know I've heard the opposite is true with manuals, but the auto tC really hauls from a dead start and loses a bit after you get up to speed...

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
That's gotta be the 6i version with the smaller engine?
I tried out a 6s manual when looking at cars...there's no way we'd beat the 6s in a drag. It's got 220 hp and I think 180 lbs of torque. It moves pretty good. So do you know which one it is?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Lab...we seem to have the same experiences here in Kansass....

I have had several 6's 'come for me' and just thought, "wow, that sure is an ugly Taurus, oh, is that a Mazda?....the dual exhaust doesn't impress."

Seriously...glad you took care of that for me.

sidebar: are you in the 2 degrees part of Johnson County or the 60 degrees part? What's up with that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The one that i raced was a V6 but it was an auto. The person in my passenger seat recorded it on his digital camera...but it was kinda dark to even see the other car and the camera jerked back everytime i shifted...

V6 manual in the other hand would definitely burn me to the ground... never happened yet but ready to try it out!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've driven both 6i and the 6s, Tc's will burn the 6i from a dead stop, the 6s however unless its loaded with passengers,full tank of gas, and 2 dead bodies in the trunk will pull along side you and then pass

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.