Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed to race one this morning. A blue all done up Honda ricer with VTEC on the back (doubt that means anything these days with the proliferation of decals).

AAR, he sounded like he was not normally aspirated. As we went through the gears, I swear I could hear a whining noise above Beethoven's 5th that I was playing.

We pretty much hit it neck and neck. Me breaking out in front at the low end of a gear and he edging out when the whining on his car got louder. I was lazy and never broke 5K on the tachometer. But it gave him a good run for the money and he was less than pleased.

We cut it out after that as we were getting closer to a school zone. It was a nice race amongst sophisticated drivers. Alway less than 15 over the speed limit. The point is who gets there first not who gives up first.

I call the race a tie. But even if he had beat me, I would have impressed on how close the tC stayed with the mystery ricer.

Keep it between the lines!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Hmmm... you make it sound like that honda was turbo.... and sorry to say, that if it was... it would have blown your wheels off. I have a friend with a 98 civic with a turbo kit (ball bearing T25, front mount, injectors, etc) and he dyno'd at 234fwhp. Thats with an average turbo kit. Actually a smaller turbo. What could could have been hearing is the VTEC through a CAI or just a small motor trying to wind up. Don't get me wrong, if it was blue, it was probably a civic Si, which are I believe 145 maybe 150hp cars that are a bit lighter than the tC (if its a 2 door) so it was still a good kill. And considering I'm sure he had a fart connon, intake, and who knows what else to add a bit of power, thats a great kill! Congrats! I alwasy love to see a honda go down! (no offense to honda drivers of course!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by FrostbytetC@Aug 23 2004, 07:31 PM
Hmmm... you make it sound like that honda was turbo.... and sorry to say, that if it was... it would have blown your wheels off. I have a friend with a 98 civic with a turbo kit (ball bearing T25, front mount, injectors, etc) and he dyno'd at 234fwhp. Thats with an average turbo kit. Actually a smaller turbo. What could could have been hearing is the VTEC through a CAI or just a small motor trying to wind up. Don't get me wrong, if it was blue, it was probably a civic Si, which are I believe 145 maybe 150hp cars that are a bit lighter than the tC (if its a 2 door) so it was still a good kill. And considering I'm sure he had a fart connon, intake, and who knows what else to add a bit of power, thats a great kill! Congrats! I alwasy love to see a honda go down! (no offense to honda drivers of course!)
Try 160hp.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Unless you mean the 1995 Civic Si, which had a robust 125 hp...hehe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts