Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way home from Vallejo the other day, and on the road back home i was by myself on the road for a while..no cars around, then all of a sudden I see headlights in my rearview coming fast..musta been doin around 100 cuz i was doin about 65 and he caught up in a few seconds..the light turns red and i look over and whatdaya know? Its an Integ, dropped, intake, headers, exhaust, and of course a GSR engine..(i know this becuz we talked at a nearby gas station and he popped the hood) he was surprised that i wanted to run because he even told me that he thought ALL scions were slow as ####..so back to my story..we both start revving our engines, i take off at 2500 RPM..i dust him off the line and he catches up for a few seconds until i hit 3rd and im gone..this is where we pulled over to the gas station..he gave me props and what not, but was surprised becuz he dropped so much into his car and got dusted by a tC..haha which comes to NO surprise..peace

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by ND120883@Feb 18 2005, 10:51 PM
I/H/E don't do shiot. Just makes it fart louder.
ehh in some ways..there is some gain of horsepower..but not very significant

·
Registered
2 Posts
You beat the driver, not the car. He shouldn't be pissed about spending money on mods and losing, he should be pissed on spending money on mods when, a good driving school should have been at the top of his list. A properly driven GSR will walk a TC.

·
Registered
31 Posts
GSR is like 200 lbs lighter? It's not like the tC is some kinda torque monster. And you sure as hell don't have the top end of a GSR i/h/e 8,000 rpm vtec redline. A GSR with those mods would run 14s all day.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Hey, I like RSXs -- my girlfriend has a silver '03 RSX. The tC is faster than the base model. The Type-S, of course, is faster than the tC. None of this is really debatable.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by Ryan'sTc@Feb 19 2005, 10:07 AM
Stop the hattin RSX boys, you just wish honda would put some tourqe in your rides. It is nice to be able to launch off the line. Why do people think because the gs-r has ten extra hp and the tc has like 40 extra ft/lb people still think the gs-r is faster? I can tell you from experience its not.
there isn't any hating...i like the tC and i usually surf around at www.clubsciontc.com

they're probably not hating either, but only the tC driver won in this case, not the car. but to bring up the typical "honda cars lack torque", that really is just retarded. especially coming from someone who drives a tC. sure, if a mustang owner or american muscle says that, at least it's a big enough difference for torque. 141 vs 161 ftlbs? please, you act like if you guys have gobs of more torque than we torqueless hondas have. at least the type s's have the top end power which all four cylinder cars SHOULD have

not trying to hate on yall, just saying it's a great kill on the driver, not the car alright?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Originally posted by RSX@Feb 19 2005, 10:11 AM
GSR is like 200 lbs lighter? It's not like the tC is some kinda torque monster. And you sure as hell don't have the top end of a GSR i/h/e 8,000 rpm vtec redline. A GSR with those mods would run 14s all day.
Do you really think 200 pounds cancels out 40 ft/lbs? You have to drive a tc to undrstand what im talkin about.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by Ryan'sTc+Feb 19 2005, 10:18 AM-->QUOTE (Ryan'sTc @ Feb 19 2005, 10:18 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-RSX
@Feb 19 2005, 10:11 AM
GSR is like 200 lbs lighter?  It's not like the tC is some kinda torque monster.  And you sure as hell don't have the top end of a GSR i/h/e 8,000 rpm vtec redline.  A GSR with those mods would run 14s all day.
Do you really think 200 pounds cancels out 40 ft/lbs? You have to drive a tc to undrstand what im talkin about. [/b]
if we are talking about whp wtq, which we should, it's not really a 40 ftlbs difference

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
1995 Acura Integra GS-R: 170 HP, 128 ft-lbs torque, 2,529 lbs
2000 Acura Integra GS-R: 170 HP, 128 ft-lbs torque, 2,672 lbs
2003 Acura RSX: 160 HP, 141 ft-lbs torque, 2,721 lbs

2005 Scion tC: 160 HP, 163 ft-lbs torque, 2,970 lbs

The gear ratios are also totally different, I'm sure. Based on the above, though, I think it's obvious that none of these cars is going "walk" any of the others.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Originally posted by SilverRSXJezus+Feb 19 2005, 10:13 AM-->QUOTE (SilverRSXJezus @ Feb 19 2005, 10:13 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Ryan'sTc
@Feb 19 2005, 10:07 AM
Stop the hattin RSX boys, you just wish honda would put some tourqe in your rides. It is nice to be able to launch off the line. Why do people think because the gs-r has ten extra hp and the tc has like 40 extra ft/lb people still think the gs-r is faster? I can tell you from experience its not.
there isn't any hating...i like the tC and i usually surf around at www.clubsciontc.com

they're probably not hating either, but only the tC driver won in this case, not the car. but to bring up the typical "honda cars lack torque", that really is just retarded. especially coming from someone who drives a tC. sure, if a mustang owner or american muscle says that, at least it's a big enough difference for torque. 141 vs 161 ftlbs? please, you act like if you guys have gobs of more torque than we torqueless hondas have. at least the type s's have the top end power which all four cylinder cars SHOULD have

not trying to hate on yall, just saying it's a great kill on the driver, not the car alright? [/b]
You should check your facts first I don't see anywhere on this test sheet any 141ft/lb http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/re...dex.cfm/id/1996

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by SilverRSXJezus+Feb 19 2005, 02:16 PM-->QUOTE (SilverRSXJezus @ Feb 19 2005, 02:16 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-basilisk4
@Feb 19 2005, 10:11 AM
Hey, I like RSXs -- my girlfriend has a silver '03 RSX.  The tC is faster than the base model.  The Type-S, of course, is faster than the tC.  None of this is really debatable.
the tC 5 speed is a driver's race with the 5 speed stick base rsx [/b]
I'll buy that. It's close, for sure. Keep in mind, though, that since I'm not a "real man," I drive an auto...and my g/f's RSX, unsurprisingly, is also an auto. The auto tC is clearly faster than the auto RSX, if anyone cares. Not loads faster, but definitely faster.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.