Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm driving along palmetto in Miami and I see this evo. So i catch up to him and pass him just a little. So he downshifts and gets behind me . So i floor it and were on our way swirving thorugh traffic at about 12 in the afternoon. So yes I am beating him because i Was in front of him and we keep swirving but he couldn't pass me...(yes I know you don't believe me) So i get a quick chance on a traight away between 67ave and 57ave going north and I leave him way in the back. I see him creeping behind me until i get out of the way because he passes me and downshifts and I see a cloud of black smoke follwed by a flame at least two feet long...but that was it cuz I had to get off on 47 ave.

Another cool thing was that I saw a mercedes Mclaren on a tow truck so I took pictures of it don't know how to post pics. sorry

BTW I have driven 2 EVO's so far and they are way...way faster than the tc

Hope you enjoyed reading it..Please don't reply with crap.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i dont think its crap at all. i have avoiding having my ass handed to me by boxing out the competitor. i think i have an ability to see farther down the road to exploit opportunities than a lot of people. it seems like people make bad decisions trying to pass because they can't see more than 1 car ahead of them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Down where I live I dont think most people can even see the car RIGHT in front of them. I swear to god that in a given day i see at least two people do something completely retarded while driving. I wish there was a way for civilians to give out tickets. I would pull people over left and right.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ no doubt. cop quotas around here must be easy to fulfill.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Wrx's and Evo's are fast but at what cost? Running high boost for a long time slowly destorys that engine. So you have to ask yourself is this a good investment? The resale for these cars is low, and the insurance bill is sky high. And for what the fealling of gettin pushed back hard in your seat. Nah I would rather finnish school without student loans.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Some people just don't understand the need for speed. It's an addiction.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
speaking of which, I gotta mail mine in with "not guilty". Just got one a week ago for 80 in a 55. Damn the cops. Damn my stupidity also.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The Evo is a great looking car.

...compared to the WRX. Otherwise, the Evo is friggin' ug-lay.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My buddys have a 04 wrx and a 97 MR2 turbo and both got blown away by a stage 2 neon SRT4, hell that thing passed em like they where standing still

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by Ryan'sTc@Jan 20 2005, 09:46 PM
I like going fast don't get me wrong I just think for me the Tc is fast enough.
You said it all right there.

Only addiction explains why I bought a $40,000 car when it cost more than my annual salary (at the time) just because it's blindingly fast and corners like nothing I have ever driven. Only addiction explains going 150+ mph on my bike at least once every day for a whole summer, just because I could. If I could have made it faster, I would have.

Glad you are happy with your tC, so am I but for different reasons. I didn't buy it to satisfy my addiction.

Your comments about turbo engines don't sound like you've ever actually owned one. As a turbo car owner for well over 100,000 miles, I definitely disagree with them.

And yeah, speeding tickets suck. I haven't had one since I quit riding bikes on the street. (knock on wood)!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I have owend a 1990 toyota all track. In highschool that car did it all got me laid tore the doors off my friends camero's and mustangs and still didn't break a sweat. But it did have turbo lag and the insurance bill was bad. Now I look forward to a SC because of it's linear tourqe curve. I don't know turbos just arn't for people without patience.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.