Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah so about 40min ago I'm driving down 92nd and come to a red light and stop right on the line, for some reason it sounded fun. A few seconds later a dropped, pasty, off white crx pulls up next to me right on the line, looking like hes gonna race me. I was thinkin "hey....I beat my girlfriend.....racing a crx should be fun!" Light turns green and we pop of the line, and for a whole half a second he was actually keeping up with me lol. Well after that brief moment in space and time I pulled away fast and left him behind. Good times.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Seeing is how I used to own one, I have respect for Honda's ability but there build quality is otherwise in question. They seem to have a weak electrical system...weird. But yeah I like beating honda's now!!!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
speaking of hondas.... i've passed up 2 civics and one accord for races because i was still breaking in my engine... but as of yesterday... im over 1000 miles... (it was hard to exhibit self-control).... next civic that revs on me is getting it!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Watch out with the whipping on helpless, worn-out, crapbox Rexes... for one day, you'll pull alongside what appears to be a helpless, worn-out crapbox-- because that's what it looks like, complete with crappy steel wheels-- but the guy has a B18c5 under the hood and he'll eat you for lunch and spit out what's left over.

We're messy with them in SoCal. A guy with the rattiest half-primer/half-white '88 CRX pushing 200hp from JDM-land lives round the way from me, and a guy with what can only be classified as a "POS", early/mid-'90s Accord down the block has that F22 block boosted all to hell. Beats the snot out of whatever happens to be in the lane next to him.

I wouldn't drive either car-- they look like they were bought with leftover beer money. But they're fast enough. These are the type of guys putting $7k worth of K20A into $1k worth of Civic hatch. 220hp and 2100lbs. Do the math.

The tC is more tuxedo than tracksuit. Beating up on the 108hp DX Civics shows no sport. But curmudgeonly as I may be, it sure is fun when they try.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
if they rev on you... they asked for it in my book... if they to be the crapbox with a super-motor... well.. u get some.. u lose some... thats life

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by hamster@Apr 24 2005, 12:08 AM
u get some.. u lose some... thats life
AMEN BROTHA!
Nice kill though... its always fun to romp on cars that think they're fast thanks to the various stickers and cosmetic "enhancements" then boast. But beware, some of these honduuuuuus are swapped as Dr. Isotope said and they will kick some ass. I have a friend with a totally gutted 94 civic hatch with an H22 in it. I've seen him beat GT mustangs like they weren't moving at all. Damn SNKY SNKY hondas

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Few Mustangs are fast. I beat them frequently, however the latest crop of Cobras are pretty fast. Also, a good turbo'd Honda is very tough to beat from a roll, I've seen a couple that humble stock Supras. Nothing like power to weight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.