Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was on my way home tonite in the mood to race. On a 3 lane road and was at a red light on my left pulled up a black 2 door honda civic and on my right a black nissan altima. Well when it hit green we all hit it. I tore the civic a new one and killed the altima off the line so he backed off and then noticed I was killing the civic so I decided what the hell im not getting a ticket. Needless to say the Altima is a heavy car and civic is just slow!

Record 6 - 2

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by 06TCDriv3r@Oct 21 2005, 08:11 PM
Well I was on my way home tonite in the mood to race. On a 3 lane road and was at a red light on my left pulled up a black 2 door honda civic and on my right a black nissan altima. Well when it hit green we all hit it. I tore the civic a new one and killed the altima off the line so he backed off and then noticed I was killing the civic so I decided what the hell im not getting a ticket. Needless to say the Altima is a heavy car and civic is just slow!

Record 6 - 2
Was that a 2.5S/2.5SL or was it a 3.5SE/3.5SE-R?

-Ed

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by goldenchild@Oct 21 2005, 09:12 PM
Either one should have put up a good fight or beaten you, my girlfriend has a altima 2.5S and it keeps up with my car
3.5 would handily kill a tC with little effort unless the driver's a total dunce.

Between the heavier 185hp Altima 2.5 and the tC it's very much a driver's race; it's difficult to compare not knowing what type of transmission is in each of the cars in the case of Altima 2.5 vs. tC.

-Ed

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I spanked an IS300 tonight. Surprised him off the line, then really whupped him around the on ramp. He chased me down just to see what I was driving...

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Oct 21 2005, 09:20 PM
I spanked an IS300 tonight. Surprised him off the line, then really whupped him around the on ramp. He chased me down just to see what I was driving...
Did you beat the IS 300 in your tC or Supra?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
If I were in the Supra I wouldn't need to surprise him at the light, I'd just smoke him any way I wanted. NA 2JZs suck. I've driven them. No power.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Normally aspirated. No turbos. The IS300.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I see, so is a tC with intake, headers, and a cat back exaust considered a Naturally or "normally" aspirated car? thatjustmeans no turbos right? Does your tC have a supercharger or turbo on it lance?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
NA = no turbo or supercharger. That's all. My tC has a completely stock engine. I live in California and have no desire to be hassled by the smog nazis. Besides, if I want to drive a car with power, I just get in the Supra.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Oct 22 2005, 02:06 AM
If I were in the Supra I wouldn't need to surprise him at the light, I'd just smoke him any way I wanted. NA 2JZs suck. I've driven them. No power.
Have you driven the IS300 before? Is it just me or is the clutch quite stiff? Maybe it's just because I'm used to the really light clutch from the RSX

·
Registered
173 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Oct 21 2005, 09:20 PM
This is why you beat the IS 300, I found this on Car and Driver on their review of the tC.

Speaking of the Lexus IS, the tC is nearly as quick as its 215-hp luxury cousin. The sporty Scion scoots from 0 to 60 in 7.4 seconds and through the quarter-mile in 15.7 seconds at 88 mph, only 0.1 and 0.2 second, respectively, behind the IS ("$35,000 Sports Sedans," March 2004). Moreover, because the tC is geared fairly short—final drive is 4.24—its 30-to-50-mph top-gear time of 8.5 seconds is a 10th quicker than the six-cylinder IS's.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
OK. I still say I "beat him" because he wasn't serious about beating me until well after I'd taken off. I'd've beaten a lot of much quicker cars with the lead I had from jump, and I routinely do beat much faster cars because they aren't expecting me to launch as hard as I do.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.